cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for any case study or white paper on GTS archiving.

What are the best practices for GTS archving?

Please share your experiences on GTS archiving.

What will be the impact on the feeder system, what care should be taken during the GTS archiving.

I have searched in the SAP help but it is quite generic on Archiving.

Regards,

Ankgupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Ankit Gupta,

did you get some information from anywhere to share it with me?

Regards

Renate

0 Kudos

Hi Renate,

We are also looking at enabling archiving in SAP GTS. If you have any information on the following, please share:

• What are the key considerations in Archiving. What are those key questions that we should ask within business and IT for enabling the archiving features.
  • What are the common objects/tables which get archived in GTS.
  • In general what is the archiving strategy for GTS.

Any information in this area would be very helpful.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

1) Obviously application logs will be part of your archiving strategy.

You will have the complete standard transactions under GTS Cockpit- System administration- Archiving.

2) next object would be SPL_AT for SPL Audi trails.When you archive those, data will be deleted form following tables.

Legal Control - SPL - Audit

/SAPSLL/SPLAUD

Legal Control - SPL - Audit: Details

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDD

Legal Control - SPL - Audit: Comments

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDK

Audit Trail SPL Screening - Matched Search Terms

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDM

Audit Trail for SPL Screening - Additional Object References

/SAPSLL/SPLAUDR

3) next object is CUHD- This for all customs documents/declarations/shipments. You do have all the standard transactions under above mentioned path.

Tables for this object would be /sapsll/cuhd and all the other related tables..right from CUIT,CUITDAT,LEGCULC etc.

You will have to check with Business on the retention period they want for these data. Generally, they'll b e reluctant to archive customs declarations/shipments. Because there might be request from customs dept.

You will have some more details in standard sap help document.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have issue in SAP-GTS system where SPL records in production system is not in sync with records we are getting from 3rd party.

In production system we have more than 190K  records whereas actual entries should be 48K according to 3rd party system.

According to me data in production system is not archiving.

Could you please help me out why we have differences in the SPL record and how we avoid this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ishant

jatin_sharma2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Could you please let me know what all T-code are behind the Archiving objects SPL_AT & CUHD.

Regards,

Jatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

All necessary transactions are in GTS Cockpit- System administration- Archiving. If you have any specific questions after checking this, please create a separate thread with your question.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ankgupta,

Regarding the archiving of GTS documents, we have come to the conclusion, that it is important to archive first the document in R3 and the GTS document after. Otherwise it could happen, that a document already archived in GTS is changed in R3 and generated again in GTS. We have modified the GTS archivability check: now it is only checking, if the reference number exists in the backend system. If it does, the status in GTS will be "not archivable", if it does no more exist in R3, the status in GTS will be "archivable".

BR Martin