cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msg processed in PI but geeting struck in AE with status" To be Delivered"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I are experiencing a very strange issue in XI system.The messages are getting processed all the way in PI but they are all getting stuck in the adapter engine queue in a status u201CTo Be Deliveredu201D. These message should be pushed out of the adapter engine to the database on the legacy side and i am not sure what is causing these messages to get stuck in the adapter engine queues.I checked SMQ1 and SMQ2 on Pi but here i am not getting any error and list of queues.

Please tell me step by step procedure to clear any queues getting struck in AE or in PI .Also let me know should their is any role of Basis team over this queue problem.

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check is there any messages which are in DLNG status....

if some messages are in DLNG status...then other messages which are in ToBeDelivered state are waiting for the resources to get processed....

also check is there any problem with the database end also...as target is database as you mentioned...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

When the messages are not reachble to target system it shown "To be delivered". status in RWD.Here no need to check queues in XI Abap stack.The main problem is target Server.

My assumption is after some time these messages are process Either successful or throws error.So wait after some time you check it.

Thanks

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The instant solution for the issue is restart of J2EE Server. First you can also try by restarting the the service under "server->services->SAP XI AF Messaging" in Visual Admin.

However to avoid this problem in future, please add pool waiting time and task time out in advanced mode parameters of communication channel.

Also check value for concurrency and parameter "messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers".

If this issue is occouring for JDBC messages, please check JDBC Driver version.

Also check consumer thread count in visual admin.

Send.MaxConsumers (direction AFW -> IS asynchronous) -

Recv.MaxConsumers (direction IS -> AFW asynchronous) -

Call.MaxConsumers (direction AFW -> IS synchronous) -

Rqst.MaxConsumers (direction IS -> AFW synchronous) -

This should be appropriate as per your server configuration.

Regards,

Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the Message Display Tool to get the adapter trace for such messages, it should explain you why delivery failed ...

MDT url is sthg like http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check the entries present in the queues.

If entries sre present, activate them first, if not possible then delete the entires and clear the queues.

the rerun your scenario.

Regards

Monika

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most probably there is a message in error status in the adapter engine blocking the queue for the following messages, and they end up in "to be delivered"-status. Cancel or fix the first message which is blocking the queue, and the following messages will be processed. Check your communication channel configuration for your scenario.

See this thread for more info:

A restart of the J2EE-engine might be required to release the queues.

Br,

Kenneth