Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on taxonomy in family field MDM Publisher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am working on SAP MDM Publisher.

Now selected family field serves as the basis of all publications and all families are based on the selected taxonomy.

But I have a repository where all the fields are look up flats. In my case how can select a taxonomy in Family mode and how can I publishdata in SAP MDM Publisher.

Do I need to create a dummy taxonomy field.

Thanks and Regards,

Sameer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

What you said is true.. "Family Field serves as basis for all publications and all families are based on selected Taxonomy". Even if you have all fields as look up flats, still there will be main table in the repository, right

By default, display field of the lookup flats will be available for Publication in layout Items. for example, if your look up flat table has 2 Fields "Name" and "Code", and Name being Display Field then By dafault Name will be available for Publication. But in case you have requirement to Print non-display field of look up flat ( like "Code") then you can use concept of alternate Display fields fo Family. In this way they will be available in Publication.

let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv,

I do get a category taxonomy table in main table. Under that field, I get look up flat.

My question is that can I delete the category field from main table and then can publish data based on look up flat fields.

Regards,

Sameer.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, You cannot delete Category Table From Main Table. Taxonomy table is mandatory for family Table and without family table you won't be able to connect to publisher. but you can organize products for publication based on some Look up Flat table. this you can specify while creating publication.

Regards,

Shiv