cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VARIANT BOMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am creating a variant BOM for a material which already has an alternative BOM -1 only.Now system displays error "there is already a BOM for the material.You can only create a variant BOM for a material that does not yet have a BOM." So when I tried to create a variant BOM for a material - XYZ that has no BOM yet by clicking "create variant of" button, a pop-up comes asking "create variant of " with a blank space for entering material.Here I entered the same material again as "XYZ".

Now system displays that "BOM not found for this material/plant/usage". So error arises even when there is a BOM and also when there is no BOM .How to proceeed in creating a variant BOM. Also customisation by OS27 shows 'Variant BOM inactive" box is also not ticked.

regards,

Shanmugam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the usage of the BOM?what it is? Both the Usage should be match as per my knowledge.

Sujit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Usage is '1' uniformly.But pls tell me if even the first BOM for any materail is to be created by clicking "creat variant" button, which subsequently gives a pop-up ---> 'create variant of'.Here what is the material we have to enter.

regards,

Shanmugam