cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect an XI system to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

Please help me to understand how a XI system is connected to an R/3 system.

My question is like we have to create some RFC destination and all tp connect an XI to R/3. Would please get me the detailed steps for this.

Secondly in transaction SPROXY we get the ESR of the connected XI system. Is there any seperate settings or configurations for getting this in sproxt or once we create the necessary RFC connections will it come automatically.

Thanks in advance,

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Step by step process

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0c3a&override...

> Secondly in transaction SPROXY we get the ESR of the connected XI system. Is there any seperate settings or >configurations for getting this in sproxt or once we create the necessary RFC connections will it come automatically.

There should be some configuraion settings are required, actually these settings are done by the BASIS people.

there are some settings are required on that one of the thing is

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID2025390850DB10451484150261754664End...

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One more step that you should do besides described above actions. Execute at R/3 side transaction RZ70 (adjust connection to SLD) and input XI_Server and XI_Gateway.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer link below for proxy settings

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ConfiguratioIS ns steps depends on the type of the exchange format used .

1. RFC

in case of RFC you need to create only RFC destinations of type T on both systems (XI and R/3)

IDOC

in case ofi IDOC you need to create the port,RFC destination of type 3 (on both systems)

PROXY (SPROXY)

for proxy communication you need to create RFC destinations and need to configure the Integration engine in R/3 as local IE

there is a prerequisite fr the same....

search SDN WIKI for the same as there are details steps for all the three connections

HTH

Rajesh