cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have installed MDM 7.1 and installed MS SQL 2005 on the same server. When we are trying to connect with MDM Console to the repository it is saying unable to connect to repository.

I am new to this area. Can you please help me how to connect/configure the repository.

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether your repository is loaded and runing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be precise i have just installed MDM 7.1 & MS SQL 2005. I have not created any schema or DB as i am new to MS SQL & MDM. I have read all documents related to MDM but i am not getting any clue.

MS SQL DB services are running. Can you please let me know how to check the repository is running or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

First you should have a Admin rights to MS SQL Server and for checking wheather its running or not

just see the top right lower you see a Server icon with a GREEN Color Arrow on it, if its RED Square mark then its not running

you have run "Services.msc" and manually Start OR click on the Server Icon (3D box with RED Square Mark) and then click Start..

Second is Run "Services.msc" go to MDM Server & Start Manually then

you will be able to connect to the repository...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

I have Admin rights, all services related to MS SQL are running.

MDM server is also running.

Is there any thing i missed like client libraries (like in Oracle). I have installed MS SQL which downloaded from SMP.

Can you please give me steps, to proceed further.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then hope you are able to open Console & mount successfully Server started, your issues is not able to mount or unarchive Repository as per my understanding!

Have you placed a "A2A" file in C:\Program Files\SAP MDM7.1\Server\Archives ?

your all unarchiving will be from the above path ....

Steps:

When you right click on server and select "Unarchive MDM Repository" you will be prompted to a popup screen with fields "DBMS SERVER" (select) then click on Next & select the A2A file(repository) in "Archive" field and rename or keep the same name in "Repository name" field...

Hope this helps you....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to connect to the DB now. The default user in MS SQL 2005 server sa user is disabled to login/connect to DB server. After enabling and reseting the password using MS SQL DB studio we are able to connect.

Thanks for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Make sure that the DB and the MDM are connected.

Try this. Make sure that the MDM service is running.

1. Right click on the MDM server in the console and select DBMS settings. I guess it will be the last option when you right click.

2. Then Provide the DB details to which you are trying to connect. If required create a new server with SQL as DB

3. Enter the username and password when it is prompted. (the username will be like the SYSTEM user in oracle)

4. if there is any Connection error the error will be prompted in a dialog box.

5. If there is no error then, you may try unarchiving the repository now.

Regards,

chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check MDS log when you get the connection error with db. It should give a fair idea of what's going wrong.