cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Stack system refresh with backup/restore method question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This is oracle based NW7.0 installation which is ABAP+JAVA . I would like to use the oracle specific procedure with tracing the control file and then restoring the backup of the PRD system to the QAS. This will work for the ABAP stack, but how about the JAVA stack?. The PRD has higher java stack 21 while the QAS is at 18.

How shall the JAva part refresh be done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Backup of ABAP and export of JAVA stack for the refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1. Yes Yes it is not QAS but PRD ...typo

make PRD java export and import will be done with sapinst

that means use oracle backup restore for ABAP and export/import for JAVA

You can start sapinst with system copy using backup restore method

3. there is cluster data for each java system like QAS which can be after system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more question

if i run sapinst and then select software lifecycle - system copy- isn't this for installing a non-existing system ?

i am kind of trying to refresh the QUA which is already there, , so how do i run the import only?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are restoring dual stack system then you have to export and import Java part as well which is not possible by back up and restore.

Best approach is homogeneous system copy ...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

so if i want to use the database specific options i just remove the checkbox under ABAP schema and it will export the java only?

and when running the sapinst on the target system i select the homogeneous system copy

is this the idea?

Thank you in advance

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be done following the homogenous system copy guide, any other procedure can guarantee a large headache.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have read it and it is kind of confusing to me,

but of what i understand i should be using database independent export/import- is this the safest and less complicated method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The steps can be

SAPINST with backup restore

Source :PRD

Dest:QAS

1. export the JAVA only part from QAS system . Make the control file structure and just keep it ready

2. do all pre system copy steps on QAS

3.start sapinst on QAS and select system copy with oracle backup restore method

at the time when it stops ,do the copy manually frpm PRD to QAS of required files and keep the control file ready ( do not do anything to create control file or open database )

4. continue with the installation and the database will be open also it will ask for migration export for JAVA and give the export path what u have in step1

5. Do the post steps on QAS

SAPINST with export import

Though above method is bit easy but I will prefer to go with SAP export and import method as it is easy and just start and it will keep running . Only headche with this is JAVA configuration has to be saved on QAS before hand and then in post processing there can be changes releted to QAS SID and hostname . But i do not remember on how many places and the steps

Success !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. - you mean export the PRD Java stack, i guess?

3. if i don't do anything with the control file i am guessing the when sapinst opens the db it will still be under the PRD SID right?

Why do i have to save the QAS java configration if i want to refresh it completely from PRD?

sorry if the question is stupid, but i am not experienced with the Java stack part at all