cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a scenario which uses Value Mapping Replication.

I am unable to understand the ValueMappingReplication which is already in blog :-

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

Can someone help me in more detail using a simple scenario where value mapping replication can be used.

Thanks in advance.

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If you want to integrate 2 or more systems that identify the same unique object (employee, customer, product, account, etc.) with different IDs (for example:

System A, customer #1234 is the same as System B, customer #4321), then you could create a Value Mapping Group in the Integration Directory, and add one record for Agency=SystemA, Schema=Customer, Value=1234 and another record for Agency=SystemB, Schema=Customer, Value=4321. Then you could use that info for value mapping by selecting the ValueMapping function in the Integration Repository in the Message Mapping designer.

But if you have a lot of mapping groups, and you don't want to load them manually, and don't want to use for example an ABAP or JAVA mapping function that access the database for each record to convert, then you could load the Value Mapping Group table automatically from another source (eg. SQL, Excel, etc.), have it in memory (better performance) and share it with several interfaces.

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am still not clear on actual developing for value mapping replication, i fully understood concept of this. and i have been referring blog and lib on sdn and help

still not clear.. Please send email captured document. could you?

you can find my email on business card on this my id.

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin:

If you are talking about the actual technical steps to use this technique, this is what I did:

- I've used /people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication as a reference

- the goal is to develop 2 scenarios:

the first one is a scenario where the source/sender is your value mapping replication data source, for example an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file, and the target/receiver is XI itself via the Java Proxy, that is why you have to register the java inbound proxies (async or sync). You need to define your source message data type acording to your data source and use the target message type called ValueMappingReplication provided by SAP, under context http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. For data insertion into the XI Runtime cache, you will have to use the "Insert" string as the "Operation" field value, a unique groupid (one group for each value pair), the context, identifier (the value), scheme (what does the value represents, e.g. "CustomerNumber") and agency (the system name where the "scheme" has value = "identifier").

When you activate this scenario, you will have your XI Runtime Cache data "loader".

Then, your second scenario is the one where the real sender and receiver communicate and use the ValueMapping function of the graphical mapping to access the data loaded using the first scenario.

In summary, you should think the value mapping data uploading as a separate scenario designed only to send value mapping data from your data source, directly to XI Runtime Cache.

Then your real or common scenario where you do the actual mapping and use the ValueMapping conversion function to USE the XI Runtime Cache data previously loaded (you can check you cache data via the Runtime Workbench under Cache Monitoring).

Please ask everything that you dont understand.

Hope this makes things a little clear.

Good Luck !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

I could find many blogs/questions on replicating value mapping data in SAP R/3 tables to XI runtime. But my requirement is to replicate the value mapping data from an excel sheet to XI runtime. I have just two columns in the excel sheet, first column with country codes and second column with currency codes in the following format:

United States USD

Canada CAD

United Kingdom GBP

My understabding is:

1) I need to define a data type (with two fields, one for country code and one for currency code)

2) Define a message type using the above data type.

3) The create a message mapping using the above message type as the source structure and the message type ValueMappingReplication in namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System in the basis SWC as the target structure. I have few question about the mapping to be done here.

Operation - Is it to be mapped to constant "Insert"?

GroupID - What should I map to this field?

Context - Do I have to map this to a constant value other than "http://sap.com/xi/XI" indicating that value mappind data resides outside ID?

Scheme and agency - Where do I specify the scheme and agency for sender and receiver systems? The "ValueMappingReplication" message type has just one set of scheme and agency.

Finally, where in the ValueMappingReplication" message type do I specify the source (e.g. value of country code, say "United States" and the value of currency code, say "USD" for both source and target systems?

4) Once message mapping is developed, create an interface mapping

5) Create an integration scenario in the ID.

6) I guess I have to place the excel sheet in the NFS of XI and then use file adapter for parsing out data from excel sheet into XML format. Can anyone please let me know what kind of content conversion needs to be used in the file adapter to convert data in excel sheet to XML format with in XI?

7) I guess I have to use XI adapter to specify login details of the XI system (receiver for the value mapping scenario)

😎 Create receiver determination, interface determination, sender and receiver agreements as for any other scenario.

Does this scenario have to be up and running always? Or is it sufficient that I get the value mapping data into XI runtime and then execute this scenario only as and when there are changes/additions to the excel sheet data?

Do we need to use java proxy at the XI end in this case? I assume we don't need to write any ABAP report since the vale mapping data resides in an excel sheet and not in SAP R/3.

Would be great if someone can respond to the above questions.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Have a look at this media presentation

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/elearn?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a680445e-0501-0010-1c94-a8c4a60619f8">https [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos