cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it allowed to create a loopback in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have PI/700.

We are sending IDOCs to XI; XI transforms the IDOCs and has to send the new message to different partners - depending on a <b>field of me user-defined message</b>!

In my user-defined-message I have some fields to define the output format (e.g. csv, edi,...) and the output protocol (e.g. mail, ftps,...).

To get this output format I created an ABAP-mapping (this ABAP-function calls a BAPI ,...).

Everything works fine - my message contains all needed data - BUT ...

My problem is, that in the "Receiver Determination" I have to use a condition depending on the contents of a message. But this condition is only based on the original IDOC and not on my user-defined-message (and this message contains the fields for the condition).

I Know, that the XI-Process is:

"Receiver Determination" -> "Interface Determination" -> "Receiver Agreement".

I need some ideas how to manage it - please!

I have an idea with a loopback - and does not know if it works?

IDOC -> XI (XI creates my user-defined-message) -> XI sends it back to itself (loopback) -> now, I have all fields in my user-defined-message and I can define a condition in "Receiver Determination".

Is it possible to create a loopback in XI?

Is this a possible way or does I get problems?

How can I avoid an "endless loop"?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards

Wolfgang Hummel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The only way you can go back to receiver determination is would be passing it to BPM where you just have receiver and then send where you can put the condition in the receiver determination.

2. You put the receiver determination condition first and then go to mapping phase.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

1) Is it true that BPM is not very fast and needs a lot of resources?

2) Can you please explain it: what do you mean with "You put the receiver determination condition first and then go to mapping phase"?

My problem is, that the receiver determination condition is always before the mapping phase - so I can only define conditions to IDoc-fields on not to fields of my own destination message.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes BPM do need extra resources but if the data you are handling is not huge then I don't think it should be a problem.

2. from what I understand you have a IDoc coming in and based on certain condition in mapping you are giving one output.

Now you will know before hand based on the IDoc data that what should be the output. So if you put the condition in the receiver determiation then it will pick the required output format and in your ABAP mapping you are developing the payload.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in step "receiver determination" I don't know any output format or output protocol.

I have an ABAP-mapping-function to get these informations via BAPI-call from the backend system and store these informations in my user defined message (including other fields) -> for receiver determination condition I need these fields ... BUT I don't have it during this time!

Is it possible to send an message out of XI-integration server back to the same integration server?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know not unless you go back to receiver determination step and this can be achieved only by BPM.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think I explained my problem not very good:

Here is a diagram of the process I mean with "loopback":

IDOC (SAP-ERP)

v

-

Receiver-Determination

(for condition I need field of the output-message

"My-Message" - and this I don't have at this time!

so I define XI-self to loopback)

v

Interface Determination

(here is the determining of the mapping)

v

Receiver Agreement

v

After the mapping I have "My-Message"

(with the fields I need to define the final receiver)

-

> LoopBACK to XI

v

Receiver-Determination

(now I have all data in "My-Message" I need to define a condition to decide the receiver (and behind a receiver I have one communication channel))

v

Interface Determination

I need no mapping b'cause it's already mapped in the first loop!!

v

Receiver Agreement

v

Send to Partner

Is this kind of loopback allowed?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use BPM for this scenario.

If you don't intend to use BPM then I guess you can use HTTP Adapter as the communication channel for the reciever "XI-self to loopback" so that the message which you developed using BAPI will be submitted back to XI and then you can determine receiver for it from your message. This should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Target message why not you can have two segments . The first segment is your Userdefined Format and the Segment 2 contains the fields that are going to be used in the Receiver Determination.

For segment One use all your rules from your IDOC to your Target User Defined Structure.

Segment two will be mapped from the fields of IDOC thats going to determine the receiver.

This is my guess!!! I am not sure whether it is meaningful and feasible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using SP16 then I guess there is no need for loopback to XI. You can try Enhanced Receiver-Determination. This is documented very clearly in /people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16 . In this case you need to define the Receiver as EXTENDED. And follow the steps as mentioned in the blog.

Please try it to out and share with us the result.

thanks,

rakesh