cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to copy a DC to another SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want to copy an existing DC to another SC. There it can have a different name, this is no problem.

I read in threads before, that this is not possible.

I tried to copy the existing component controller and paste it to the new DC, but then I have to rename all the Views and Windows and than the DC won't build. Dependencies and so an have do be done manually.

Copying the source codes didn't work.

Have someone an idea how to do this in a way, where I don't have do correct so many things after copying?

Best Regards,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Irk on Dec 3, 2009 10:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I would suggest you to create a new DC in the target track with a new activity and then manually replace the _comp folder of the target DC with the source DC. Close the NWDS if required or simply try reloading the new DC. The updated Component would have replaced the newly created one. So, the complete component is imported, but since you might the deploying the new DC on the same J2EE engine, try renaming the Component Name and the Application Name to avoid any case of Name Clash. You dont have to rename the windows and views as such. The only thing which would be missing would be the DC dependency--Used DCs which you would have to manually fix as it was for the source DC. Once all the dependencies are complete, you can build the new DC and try deploying it. Take care that the used DC references are present on the new track as well. Moreover, you should goto project>properties>Web Dynpro References and add the Library references also.

It should work. And, is the best way to copy DC in my knowledge. Best of Luck.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Copying just in Filesystem worked good.

But don't override the .dcdef file, or NWDI doesn't check that it's an Webdynpro Project (guess this is because my DC names were different).

After adding the dependcies manually, everything worked.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at this WIKI

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JDI/StepbyStepguidetoMoveaDCfromoneSCtoanother

Kind regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this guide even work, when the SC where I want to move my DC is in another track? I did forget the metion that the destination SC is in another track, sorry.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That WIKI talks about the transfer between one to another Track. But do you find any problem in copying the source to the destination.

I would prefer to create a new DC in the required Track and copy the contents.

Kind regards,

Saravanan K