Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote print form automatically to pdf files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

The user want to implement a request like follows:

1. quotation will send to a webservice for approval.

2. when the quotation is approved, webservice will call a RFC to update the status of this quotation in SAP.

The problem start here.

3. inside the RFC call, SAP need to print the Quotation FORM automatically to a PDF file which will be named using Document No. date and time. Then a record need to be sent to another CRM with the PDF as an attachment.

Is there any way to solve this requirements?

The biggest question for me is how to tigger the form print and print it into pdf.

Thanks for prompt response

Regards

Sean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean

It is possible like this:

Maintain two output types for the same program of form output.

1. Maintain output type as EDI i.e. Idoc from SAP to Webservice. Say Output type ZWEB.

2. Once approved by webservice, call RFC to update SAP. This RFC will responsible to trigger second output type, say ZPDF.

ZPDF will trigger in sales order with transmission medium as 5- external send having name using "Document No. date and time" (this can be achieve by ABAP program for smartform). This e-mail will sent to e-mail id provided with PDF attachment.

Please discuss with ABAP consultant having good command in Smartforms.

try and revert

Edited by: Yadav on Dec 3, 2009 9:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yadav

Thanks, but i need more detail information about technique details.

My plan now is to realize the form printing program and prepare all the data when i got the RFC call.

Then try to write it into SPOOL, and using program RSTXPDFT4 to print it into pdf and send to a shared folder.

I wonder is that possible for SAP to create a pdf driectly without using spool.

Regards

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean

Yes, it is quiet possible to have PDF without Spool request generated.

Get the OTF data from smartform function module, and pass it to CONVERT * OTF * functional modules.

Get in touch with your ABAP consultant.