cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc posted in R/3 but data for Date field has not generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

This is JDBC to IDoc scenarion.

Source: MS SQL Server

Date Data Type: smalldatetime

Date field Format: yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss --> example: 2009-11-13 00:00:00

XI Mapping: Source Date --> Transformation --> Target Date

Transformation: yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss to yyyyMMdd

Target: R/3 System

Date Data Type: ERDAT from VBAK table - Date on Which Record Was Created

Date field Format: Date field (YYYYMMDD) stored as char(8)

Check points:

1. Mapping is working fine in XI and transformation is done with the test data: 2009-11-13 00:00:00 --> to ---> 20091113

2. In SXMB_MONI the data is processed from the source and the IDoc XML data is generated. In the IDoc XML data the date field is containing the value <DATE>20091113</DATE>

3. But when I tried to open the IDoc(SE05) in R/3 the date field is empty and no data is generated.

Request you to let me know why the error is happening.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

You mentioned that the IDoc is in status 51. Does your header record contain appropriate values? If so you can check SAP Note 835058 - "An IDOC without a message type was passed to ALE Layer" assuming this is the same error you are faced with.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

its giving any error in moni or Black and white flag?? check the payload in Moni,if its there then the problem with Connection.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the MONI I am getting Chered Flag and the IDOC XML is getting generted perfectly. But when open the IDoc in R/3 the IDoc is posted with Error 51 and the date data is missing. I have cleared all caches etc.

Request to check for this error

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

First try to test the same IDOC generated in ECC Box by populating date field value using WE19 and test .

Or

Instead of passing date value from SQL Server, Just give a try with Current Date function in Mapping and test in ECC system.

then we can think on further analysis.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

I have test IDOC in ECC box from the IDoc Test Tool We19 as you asked. The date field has generated in the IDoc with the value.

I set the Current Date to the Date in IDoc and tested the IDoc. Same error repeated. Even I gave current date and transformation to the date field. But still the same error repeated.

Kindly help me in resolving the issue.

Regards

Ram

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In the IDoc XML data the date field is containing the value <DATE>20091113</DATE>

Are you sure that IDOC accepts date in the above mentioned format.... and that the format is not causing any issue.

Also i hope that you have already performed basic checks like...IDOC in IR and SAP syste are same, no cache issue, etc

Regards,

Abhishek.