cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for ides BI/sem 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

recently i installed IDES for BI 7.0. and as i was reading in the internet that it only need license for Netweaver to be installed. then i got license for Netweaver ABAP+JAVA from the service marketplace. i installed it using the slicense t-code and it shows 2 license instaled one is valid forever and the other is maintenance for only 3 month both are green and VALID . however, when the temporary license expires it didn't see the new licenses that i installed and it shows that the license is expired. therefore now i can only access using SAP*. what to do? is it really in need of Netweaver license only?

Best Regards

Ebrahime

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ensure, your SAPCRYPTO.DLL file is not corrupted

1. Loon using SAP* and go to SLICENSE -> Edit -> Temporary License

2. I suggest you to delete all licenses (including Temp), If Option 1 does not surve the purpose.

Then Install the new license that you got. Generally there should not be any

3. If option 2 does not surve the purpose, then

Install Temp License in the New License

I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Great to hear that issue is resoved.

If you look back, that what i have suggested in couple of my responses.

4. If you do not have license then nothing wrong in installing 'Temporary license' by using new license button for time being until you get the actual one.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the error.

it was in license i had to create a new license request with the same data again. and install it then it worked fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

the hardware key is correct.

my server has expired therefore i can only access using SAP* in my new licenses screen i have 2 2 licenses installed one perm and one maintenance. I can not delete them message screen popup "No matching license keys found."

could you at least tell me how to delete licenses in that case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ebrahime

Please note sap* is not authorized to delete any license if you use sap* to logon.

so i advise you perform the saplicense installing at OS level rather SAP level.

Please refer to below URL that gives guidence on the sequence of steps require to perform the SLICENSE at OS level.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/4a8338d22aa947e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

any news any help?

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you got license key for correct hardware key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ebrahime,

Please do not make it complex.

I understand sometimes nothing works well eventhough everything looks correct to us.

okay....long story short...

1. Please delete all your installed licenses including temporary

2. Ensure you have requested license (through service market place) for RIGHT/correct Hardware Keys

3. If you have new license go on installing it as fresh as possible.

4. If you do not have license then nothing wrong in installing 'Temporary license' by using new license button for time being until you get the actual one.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar,

Please ensure, your SAPCRYPTO.DLL file is not corrupted How to make sure it is not corrupted?

1. Loon using SAP* and go to SLICENSE -> Edit -> Temporary License

in the old license message came temporary license already installed

in the new license screen message came

There is a permanent license key for "NetWeaver_DB6" in the system but it has never been checked successfully. In this situation a temporary license key mustn't be installed.

The temporary license key could not be installed.

2. I suggest you to delete all licenses (including Temp), If Option 1 does not surve the purpose.

Then Install the new license that you got. Generally there should not be any

i tried to delete the new installed license installed after i select the license i got the following message

"No matching license keys found."

3. If option 2 does not surve the purpose, then

Install Temp License in the New License

already i tried in option 1

Regards

Ebrahime