cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to replace a field's search help of DDIC in FPM feeder class?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to replace a field's search help in DDIC structure, for an example, in structure HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0009, the field BANKL(Bank Keys) has a search help named 'H_BANKL', I want to replace this search help with other one such as 'H_BANKEY' in the FPM feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_DETAIL, I redefined such method:

method if_fpm_guibb_form~get_definition.

field-symbols: <fs_field_description> like line of et_field_description.

call method super->if_fpm_guibb_form~get_definition

importing

es_message = es_message

eo_field_catalog = eo_field_catalog

et_field_description = et_field_description

et_action_definition = et_action_definition

et_special_groups = et_special_groups

ev_additional_error_info = ev_additional_error_info.

read table et_field_description assigning <fs_field_description> with key name = 'BANKL'.

• set search help name of field 'bank key'

if <fs_field_description> is assigned.

<fs_field_description>-ddic_shlp_name = 'H_BANKEY'

endif.

endmethod.

I test it and found the search help window was replaced indeed, but all the value of import/export parameters in the new search help was lost, it means, the value of import paramer BANKS(Bank country) and the export parameter BANKA(bank name) were lost. Only the value of BANKL itself can be returned by the new search help window. Can you give me some suggestions about how to maintain the link( value exchange) between structure HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0009 and dynamically defined search help 'H_BANKEY' in FPM feeder class?

I tried to use sap memory ID but it doesn't works well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I test it and found the search help window was replaced indeed, but all the value of import/export parameters in the new search help was lost, it means, the value of import paramer BANKS(Bank country) and the export parameter BANKA(bank name) were lost. Only the value of BANKL itself can be returned by the new search help window. Can you give me some suggestions about how to maintain the link( value exchange) between structure HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0009 and dynamically defined search help 'H_BANKEY' in FPM feeder class?

That is because for the import and export of DDic Search help values to work in WDA, you must use the search help that is declared at the DDic structure level for the structure that is assigned to the context node. By overriding the search help within the feeder class, you are breaking this link that the structure provided. If you must change the search help and keep the import/export of parameters, then you must go to the underlying DDic structure and change its value help definition there.

From the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

If an input help structure is stored in a field in the ABAP Dictionary, and if you want to use the field mapping of search help parameters stored in the ABAP Dictionary as the field name for the structure for your Web Dynpro input help, then map your context nodes to this structure. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

>I tried to use sap memory ID but it doesn't works well.

Memory IDs don't work in WDA in general.

0 Kudos

Thank you.

former_member210296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi is it possible to add freely programmed search help to an input field in FPM search UIBB?

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can place the same in FPM forum to get more inputs

[;

Priya