Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diff b/n product catagory and purchasing roup

former_member1362181
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is very basic question.. Plz clarify my doubt what is the exact difference b/n purchasing group and product catagory?

is there any examples??

In ppoma-bbp , in function tab , pur.org, pur.gorup are there. Which one we have to define?

In responsibility tab we have to define org responisbility which is mandatory. product catagory is optional.

Plz clarify me on this..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Pls find the answers to your questions as below:

-

Plz clarify my doubt what is the exact difference b/n purchasing group and product catagory?

Purchasing group is a key assigned to a purchaser or a group of purchasers using which the purchase carry out purchasing and sourcing functions. Purchase group represents purchaser. Usually it is used to define or distribute the responsibilities of procurement among the purchasers.

Product category is nothing but material group MM system. Its a group code for similar materials. Examples could be:

-

is there any examples??

Purchasing group S01 responsible for procurement of sheet metal components (product category S1,S2,S3)

Purchasing group P01 responsible for procurement of Plastic components (Product category P1,P2,P3)

-

In ppoma-bbp , in function tab , pur.org, pur.gorup are there. Which one we have to define?

In responsibility tab we have to define org responisbility which is mandatory. product catagory is optional.

Transaction PPOMA_BBP is for Purchasing organizational structure maintenance.Function tab if meant for company code, Purchasing organization and purchaing group. You have to select the appropriate checkbox against the function for that organizational node.

Responsibility tab is active only in case of Purchasing Groups. You have two ways to define the responsibility: organizational and product category wise.

-

These are very basic questions. You can get answers to such questions on HELP.SAP.COM or simply search on google.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1362181
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you