cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without Internet, is it possible to execute WDA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends...

i am new to WDA...

i am having one basic doubts... plz give me some ideas..

Without Internet,

is it possible to create WDA ?

is it possible to execute WDA ?

In my system, i am using SE80 to create WDA, but in view layout Tab, i am not getting the UI elements instaed i am getting

" Page NOt found".

regards

Deva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

There is no need of internet for developement in Web Dynpro ABAP in SE80. But you do need to do some configuration.

say, you have to mention the server IP with FQDN (Fully qualified Domain Name) of your server in the host file of

your local computer. After updating the host file, close all SAP session and restart it. It will work now.

If still it does not work then you have to set one parameter in in transaction RZ10 to save the server name. First try updating the

host file.

Regards,

Vikrant

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two questions here:

Without Internet, 
is it possible to create WDA ?
is it possible to execute WDA ?

is it possible to create WDA----creating the WD comp with out internet and the ways to create was mentioned by others.

is it possible to execute WDA ---executing is not possible with out internet which i have replied earlier.

With out internet you cant run your WD Application because when ever you create you WD application in se80 the URL is automatically generated .

So when you run your Web Dynpro Application ,the application opens up in browser window with the URL

which was generated

Priya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>With out internet you cant run your WD Application because when ever you create you WD application in se80 the URL is automatically generated .

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect. You do not need access to the Internet to run yoru WD Application. You really only need access to a network - not the internet. If you are running the server on your laptop, you don't even need this. You can install the Microsoft Loopback Connector and this will simulate a network even when you are connected to nothing.

I run an ABAP system on my laptop and I often give presentations or work on my local system when I have absolutely no network connectivity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Contact your Network Administrator and get the Server IP address added in Lan Settings->Advanced->Proxy settings Exceptions.

Regards,

Vaishali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vikrant and vaisali,

Thanks for ur inputs...

I am using Laptop, R3 is installed in my Laptop.

so what are all the settings need to do in my Laptop and ECC 6 IDES(which is installed in my laptop).

Expecting ur valuable answer..

Regards

Deva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

I am using Laptop, R3 is installed in my Laptop.

so what are all the settings need to do in my Laptop and ECC 6 IDES(which is installed in my laptop).

First update your host file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) with similar line given below:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Here 127.0.0.1 is the IP address of my system. You write the IP address of your system. If you haven't assigned any IP

address to your system, you need to do this first. And for that you will need to setup your network card also.

After that start the R/3 and run transcation RZ10. Find a parameter

icm/host_name_full

and update its value with

localhost

After changing the parameters you will need to restart the R/3 system. After restarting the R/3 system try open WD in se80, it should work now.

You will get more idea on this parameter from below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/61/f5183a3bef2669e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my system, i am using SE80 to create WDA, but in view layout Tab, i am not getting the UI elements instaed i am getting 
" Page NOt found".

You can refer the link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/content.htm]

Check if any configurations are missing after installation.

Priya

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

With out internet you cant run your WD Application because when ever you create you WD application in se80 the URL is automatically generated .

So when you run your Web Dynpro Application ,the application opens up in browser window with the URL

which was generated.

Priya

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be some configurations are missing so you are not able to see the UI elements .

Is the entire page blank ?

even you are unable to see the ROOT UI ELEMENT?

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply priya...

Only that layout Tab is blank...

I am getting that browser message "The page cannot be displayed"

one more doubt, Without Internet, is it possible to execute WDA ?

by deva

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP notes :1008689.

which tells you reason why lay out cant be seen due to inactive ICF nodes

Hope this helps you.

Priya