cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clcok in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to add a clock in webdynpro , something like a label which should be keep on changing when seconds changes ...

I want to display something like this..

Clock

DATE , DAY HH:MM:SS ..

I have done this in BSP using a service call using AJAX. I know that we cannot write java scripts in ABAP webdynpro .

Whether this can be handled through timed trigger without affecting the phase model?

But I have seen some of the blogs posted by Mr.Thomas where long polling can be used in ABAP webdynpro similar to AJAX from version 7.02 using cl_wd_notification_service.

Can you please help me out here.

thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

TimedTrigger defintely wouldn't be appropriate for an update that would happen every second. You would be constantly locking the page and firing the entire phase model and delta rendering. Very innefficient and it would render the rest of the page useless.

Notification service in 7.02 is for pushing data updates to the client, but it isn't designed for pushing an update once per second. Although you wouldn't be firing the phase model, this would still be very inefficient.

Why do you need the server involved at all. This seems like something you should do completely on the client side. iFrame could be an option as suggested, but only on 7.02. The iFrame is deprecated on 7.0 and 7.01.

Personally I would go with the suggestion of FlashIslands if you are on 7.01. This way you could build the clock entirely on the client side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. We are currently using Net weaver 7.01 as suggested by you I will try using Flash islands.

Can you please let me know is there any demo or blogs provided on integrating flash islands on ABAP Webdynpro?

Thanks once again.

@ Lekha,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Krishnakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am closing this thread..

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Timed trigger UI element, which will refresh the UI in cretin time preiods.

other wise you can integrate any html page

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the time trigger will always have a delay and i think it will not appropriate fro a clock .. Will the time trigger event will keep on refreshing my page?

Can you please let me know hoe to integrate an html page... in ABAP WDA..

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

what html page you want to include..

if the url address is known, you can directly give this url in theLINKTOURL ui elmeent or you can use the IFRAME to achieve the same..

Have you checked the usage of flashIslands ui element for your requirement...

Regards,

Lekha.