cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DMR for multiple GR line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask for some clarification in using DMR.

For example is I have multiple line item for a GR with separate Inspection Lot Number. How will it be handled during DMR?

A scenario is for a example, I have 10 lot. First 9 lot skipped then 10th lot inspected, then if fail do normal inspection for the next 5 lot.

How will the system behave if GR is done at the same time for the 10 line item.

Thank you,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

DMR can be ony one either it is lot based or UD based. If 5th lot is getting rejected then only in the next GR the stage will change to rejected one. Till then lot will be created based on the DMR stages defined

QDL2 gives all the details. In this you have DMR history where in all the detials of the stages with valuation and counter is also available

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Also there is another dimension to this. There are two type of timing fo Dynamic modification rule

1) Dynamic Modification at Lot Creation

For dynamic modification at lot creation, the quality level is updated when an inspection lot is created. The system assumes that the forthcoming inspection will lead to an acceptance of the inspection lot or characteristic.

An inspection lot, which is created immediately after the quality level is updated, uses the information in the updated quality level without a usage decision having been made.

If dynamic modification is carried out at lot creation and the inspection lot is subsequently rejected, the system updates the quality level again when the usage decision is made. The new inspection stage is used by the system to calculate the sample sizes for the next inspection lot.Changing the quality level does not affect inspection lots that were created in the meantime.

2) Dynamic Modification with the Usage Decision

For dynamic modification with the usage decision, the system updates the quality level when you make the usage decision. At this point, the system evaluates the conditions for an inspection stage change based on the dynamic modification rule and, depending on the results of the current inspection, it determines whether or not the inspection stage should occur.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If lot based then ,if 5th lot is failed then from 6th onwards it will come to QI depending upon the stages.

if UD based & UD of 5th lot is rejected( & from 6th line item onwards lot is yet not created) then agter GR og 6th line item it will come to QI as per stages mensioned.

If its the same part number GR at the same time, then how will the system track if its the 5th Lot if its based on Lot or UD.

Is there a report where I can see the what the number of skip has been taken? Something like a counter?

Thank you,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For example is I have multiple line item for a GR with separate Inspection Lot Number. How will it be handled during DMR?

A scenario is for a example, I have 10 lot. First 9 lot skipped then 10th lot inspected, then if fail do normal inspection for the next 5 lot.

How will the system behave if GR is done at the same time for the 10 line item

Let me mka you clear that DMR has nothing to do with GR.

After MIGO when lot is created DMR comes in to picture.

Now say you have 10 line items ( all are different materials) ,then 10 lots will be created.

As you know that there is one concept of Dynamica modication criteria associated with DMR.That means DMR is applied to Vendor-Material conmbination.

Now if all are differnet material then DMR will be applied to individual material with individual quality level.skip or not skip will be depend upon the last inspection statuses of the same vendor -material combination.

So each material will behave different.

Now even if material is same & has 10 line items in GR then whether DMR is lot base dor UD based will make a difference.

If lot based then ,if 5th lot is failed then from 6th onwards it will come to QI depending upon the stages.

if UD based & UD of 5th lot is rejected( & from 6th line item onwards lot is yet not created) then agter GR og 6th line item it will come to QI as per stages mensioned.

I hope i have made you clear

Regards

Sujit