cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Have a small query regarding palletization data in WM.

I have a material for which, based on the sales order requirement quantity, MRP creates a Purchase order and the material can arrive in the warehouse in PALLETS or Boxes.

After GR and during putaway, TO creation needs to happen in background. The user will not make a decision to tell the system which SUT the product arrived on.

1. When it arrives as Box, the putaway should be directed to a small bin type

2. When it arrives in Pallets, the putaway should go to a large bin type.

In SAP WM2 palletization data, my understanding is that for putaway processing in background, SAP will always pick up the 1st LE quantity entry. This way, if i create the 1st entry as pallet, SAP will try to split putaway quantity based on pallet SUT. Hence even when i get 1 box, SAP will tell me to put the box in a pallet bin type.

Any advice on how should approach this for background putaway processing?

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do that by maintaining the storage unit type. if you specify the storage bin type as box and pallet with the size and the palletisation data in the material master. then the system automatically determines according to the palletisation quantiy whether its coming by box or pallet..

Regards

Ganesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whatever palletization data is maintained in WM view material should come on that SUT. These SUT should be configured in WM. Also these should be maintained in storage type & storage bin type strategy

If this configuration is in place system will automatically determine bin.

regards,

Prashant

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your issue is resolved please close the thread.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the end-users can't make choice, assumes that the goods delivered by the supplier is always packed in the same package. In this case you define the only palletisation data in the SAP WM2 view (Box or Pallet) and the sistem will associate the correct storage bin type.

Regards

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

How the system will know whether Pallet is coming or box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is my question. Client says end-users will not make that choice.

Anybody with experience on how to approach the issue?