SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consumable budget was not decreased by the "Return" budget transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

I'm using BCS on ECC6 and it is a first project regarding a FM module. I have tested "Return" process on FMBB and found that a current budget was decreased on FMRP_RW_BUDCON. but, a consumable budget was not changed. Is it a right process on BCS ?. I have tested as below :

Before Budget Return : consumable bg : 1000 consumed bg : 0 available bg : 1000 current bg : 1000

run Return process on FMBB : BCS value type (B1:budget) Proces (RETN: return) Document type (0001: Budget)

amount (1000)

After Budget Return : consumable bg : 1000 consumed bg : 0 avaliable bg : 1000 current bg : 0

I don't understand why consumable bg was remained after current bg was 0. anyways i have run "Return" process with BCS type(R1:release) and Document type (0002: Release) once more, and then a cosumable bg was 0.

i need your advice about the "Return" process on BCS.

Regards,

MK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apparently, you use budget process requires 'budget release'. That is why when you entered return with value type 'B1', the AVC ledger 9H is not updated but when you did it with 'R1', ledger 9H is updated.

In report FMRP_RW_BUDCON, column 'Consumable Budget', 'Consumed Budget' and 'Available Budget' show numbers on AVC ledger 9H while column 'Current Budget' shows budgent on Budget ledger 9F - 9G. The budget you entered through FMBB is always on Budget ledger but whether and how it updates AVC ledger 9H depends on your configuration settings.

By the way, the above report is a Report Painter report. You can check it's definition using Tcod GRR3, choosing report 4FBUDCON under liabrary 4FM. It will help you to understand what these columns mean.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the 'Return' document is posted (via FMEDD transaction). If it is, run FMAVCREINIT transaction and check if the budget has been changed in the mentioned report.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply . Eli

the FM document with a Return process was created successfully. as you menthioned, i have run FMAVCREINIT but nothing changed. In my opinion, i think that the current budget on FMRP_RW_BUDCON should be also managed by AVC. but it do not seem to be managed

when all amount of the current budget was already released is returned, i think that system check the comsumable (released)amount related to the current budget amount and show the available return amount. However I think SAP doesn't work like this. i want to know whether this budget return process is right or not.

Regards,

MK

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if the document has status posted, then 'Return' is supposed to decrease the budget value (make sure that you entered amounts with positive sign). You can check in FMAVCT table, what are the entries for the relevant address. Additionally, check if the document exists in FMBDP table. If this is correct and still you have a problem, raise OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apparently, you use budget process requires 'budget release'. That is why when you entered return with value type 'B1', the AVC ledger 9H is not updated but when you did it with 'R1', ledger 9H is updated.

In report FMRP_RW_BUDCON, column 'Consumable Budget', 'Consumed Budget' and 'Available Budget' show numbers on AVC ledger 9H while column 'Current Budget' shows budgent on Budget ledger 9F - 9G. The budget you entered through FMBB is always on Budget ledger but whether and how it updates AVC ledger 9H depends on your configuration settings.

By the way, the above report is a Report Painter report. You can check it's definition using Tcod GRR3, choosing report 4FBUDCON under liabrary 4FM. It will help you to understand what these columns mean.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply , Ming

do you mean that the Return process on current system is working properly? just , do i need additional configurations for a Return process when i run a budget return without release ?

Regards,

MK

0 Kudos

Hi MK,

Please check the configuration below:

SPRO > Public sector management > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > Settings for AVC ledger > Define filter settings for budget values > Define the consumable budget

Please check BCS VALUE TYPE. If it is R1, that means, only released budget (original, return and supplimental) will update 9H. You also want to check whether the budget type used in FMBB return process is included in this setting.

Regards,

Ming