cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector 4.8: predefined users "SAPUser" and "Default" ?

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

When installing SAP Business connector 4.8., besides user "Administrator", "Developer", "Replicator" there are also predefined users "SAPUser" and "Default".

Are these 2 users needed, when the BC is used for Elster ? If not, should the users be locked or at least get a new password after fresh installation ?

Kind regards,

Uta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can manage all the users in the BC server console (web console), here you can find the administration guide

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000719330

if you still have problem, let me know.

Regards.

MArco

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

as I have used the transferpackage (see migrationguide BC) to transfer all settings from an old BC (Rel. 4.7) to new BC 4.8, all BC-users including the passswords are now like on the old BC. But what would be, if a fresh BC is installed without migration ?

I have already looked into the adminguide but the information could be more detailed.

User=Default

Groups=Everybody, Anonymous

Description= The server uses the information defined for the Default user when the client does not supply a user name and password

User=SAPUser

Groups= SAPUsers

Description= Used instead of the Default user, if the SAP BC is called by an SAP user that does not exist within SAP BC. The system then switches automatically to the user SAPUser as default user.

Should users Default and SAPUser get a password due to security reasons (Haven't found, if they have any password after install, because only the administrator, Developer and Replicator are mentioned for giving a new PW DIRECTLY after installation).

Regards,

Uta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

better do not change these users, because they are used internally. And do not lock them.

CSY

Answers (0)