cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File placed inside Original File not openning in Display Mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

In our business scenario we have Word files *.doc, and inside these Word files have attachment of Excel files, JPG Files

the Word file is checked in to Server,

but when i open the Word file in SAP i could not open up the Attached Excel files in it.

i also tried to maintain the inserted attached file as Additional file,

i have maintained the proper workstation Setting for both *.doc and *.xls file. but still unable to open up the Excel file stored inside Word file.

i could open the inserted files in Change Mode but it is not possible in Display Mode,

actually it should open in Display Mode also, as we dont provide change Authorization to All the Employees,

whether am i missing any configuration or any specific note is to applied to open the original documents maintained inside the files,in

Points for valuable answers, as this is one of the common requirement which DMS cannot ignore,

thanks and regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Check for the authorization rights are given to the users with this object: C_DRAW_DOK : Authorization for document access, with the field name activity and document type assigned. and also for C_DRAW_TCD : Authorization for document activities.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Ravi,

But i have all the authorization as iam testing it in Development and Quality Client,

i think this is a logical and common requirement to open up the files embedded or attached inside files to open up in Display Mode,

i could open the embedded files in Change mode ie.. in CV02N, but the same embedded file is not openning in display Mode ie.. in CV03N.

there must be some option / Alternative which iam iam unable to figure out, pls any suggestion on this is welcome.

Thanks and regards

Kumar

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar

It should work. In CV03N, you can open the attached document & You must have noticed that, "Save" button is always grayed out in CV03N. That means, user can't change the document in CV03N.

Just check again

BR

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

Let me clarify my question to you,

i have a Word file stored in DMS ( in content server), this word files has some Excel files embedded or attached to it,

i could open the word file in display mode, but when i click on the embedded file ( excel file as Icon ) it is not openning up the excel file, ( pls try openning up the attached excel file in any other computer other then where the excel file is stored)

FYI, i could open the excel file in CV02N, change mode but the excel file icon remains unopenning in display mode.

i think there is some setting that has to be done in Additional files setting, but that is also not working for me,

pls let me know if you have suceed in the above matter,

Thanks and regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inserted file as object is not opening in display mode because the original in which the file is inseted is in display mode and anything inserted (let it be file as object) will display you as a passive image.This is to prevent any changes to your original in which your file is inserted.

Here inserted object is not your original application file but a object in your original application file.

This could be a reason why your inseted file is not openinig in display mode.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

I agree with the answers provided, but there is an requirement of making the inserted Files ( Inserted as Insert Object ) to open up for display in Display transaction ie.. CV03N,

The same Insert Object file could be opened for display in CV02N, but we want the same thing to happen to open the inserted file in CV03N transaction,

The very logical and simple reason for this is, we cannot provide CV02N Authorization to all the employees, as changing the DIR is very restricted authorization,

but at the same time the inserted document should be available for display for All the employees who have display DIR Authorization.

Pls advice how this logical requirement would be met,

Thanks and regards

Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked all the standard settings and did not find anything which could help you in solving the problem.

May be SAP can help you on this.

Regards

Abhijit

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Whenever you check in a file & try to open it in Display mode, system always refers to the file you have actually checked-in ( I feel this is because, an entry for the checked-in file is available in the table and not for the embedded file within it).

When you open it in change mode, obviously you have access to the file as well as anything that is embedded, so that you can change/ edit it.

There is no solution for this in standard SAP. You may have to go for ABAP development.

Please raise a ticket with SAP, & may be they'll provide some solution.

Good luck.

Regards

Amaresh Makal