cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting total value of item conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario where rebates(volume discounts) are accrued at an item level through an item condition and are hence released to accounts also at an item level. As a result of this there are too many accrual entries getting posted for one single billing document depending on the number of line items of it having the accrual.

I want to have the accrual to continue at item level only, but, while posting to accounts, system should be able to pass one single entry (Consolidated entry) for the total accrual value of all line items taken together so that one billing document will have only one accrual entry line in accounting.

Is there any setting that can be done in condition types, billing document types or anywhere else? Any pointer towards a User-exit or Enhancement point?

Thanks in Advance,

Sujith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

Try transaction OBCY to summarize the transactions in accounting line item. Note # 36353. This customizing will try to summarize for all the accounting transactions irrespective of rebate or not so you should carefully choose your fields. As a last resort, you can fill some Z fields in accounting line item like billing document line number and condition type combination for all the line items except for rebate line item. Since all the line items have different value in this field except for rebate line items, system should summarize.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

Thanks for the great info given by you. Let me try that out and see if it works.

Answers (0)