cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer 7.0 roadmap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have NetWeaver EP 7.0 installed with Visual Composer in our C&B and DEV environment. We haven't started developing with it yet.

My questions to you is:

What is the future of Visual Composer 7.0?

My understanding is that SAP has put a lot of energy integrating Visual Composer into CE 7.1. This new version has significant changes compare to it's predecessor. Visual Composer for CE 7.1 seems to be the way to go if one needs to create applications based on existing data services. In short terms, both versions will coexist. Bbut in long terms...?

Can anyone help me find the Visual Composer roadmap?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Nathalie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer. This is really appreciated.

Points awarded!

Regards,

Nathalie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a quote from the Visual Composer main page on SDN: (/people/jarrod.williams/blog/2009/09/14/whats-new-in-visual-composer)

"_Visual Composer 7.0_

In light of the progress made relating to parity between Visual Composer 7.0 and Visual Composer CE, our investment in Visual Composer 7.0 will be limited to maintenance after the release of enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0. We are confident that with the provisions made for migration to Visual Composer 7.1 enhancement package 1 or Visual Composer 7.2 and the great feature set in Visual Composer for enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0, our existing customers running Visual Composer 7.0 will enjoy the best of both worlds: the option to upgrade to Visual Composer 7.2 or to stay with the latest release of Visual Composer 7.0."

I'll stress the last part, though VC on CE is a great version, staying with the latest release of Visual Composer 7.0 is also good, depending on your needs of course, for instance - the attractive Flash runtime which is currently exclisive for VC 7.0, the "Flash Components" feature that was entered on SP5 of 7.01 (and in 7.02) , which enables you to consume custom 3rd party flash components or Xcelsius controls inside Visual Composer,, which makes flash black-boxes easier to consume than in CE, .. etc..

still - VC on CE of course has it's own advantages - the ability to consume clustered services, life-cycle management, it's intergration with the other CE components etc..

and so if you'll find that VC 7.0 is not enough, you could always upgrade and migrate to the CE versions (7.1 or 7.2).

bottom line - it's a win win situation.