cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing SAPinst to adjust Oracle init.ora parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, I'm doing an unicode system import and its taking too long. So I intend to adjust some of the oracle memory and other parameters as recommended the SAP notes.

However, in SAPinst, from the phases of db creation, tablespace creation, r3load process and till the end is one continuous phase. I want to stop SAPinst right after the db creation phase, so that I can edit init.ora, restart the db and proceed with the r3load phase.

how do i do it ? I've tried making a dummy change to the location of the "import directory", to trick sapinst to stop on purpose, but this doesnt seem to be working.

do it need to edit the confusing control.xml or keydb.xml, i miss those *.r3s days.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would just rename R3load so sapinst runs into an error just before the first connect to the database. You can correct/adjust the database parameters, rename R3load back and press retry.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

your mean the R3load.exe binary itself in the kernel directory ? Perhaps i can give it a try...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> your mean the R3load.exe binary itself in the kernel directory ? Perhaps i can give it a try..

Yes.

Or select "start migration monitor manually". Sapinst will then stop, you can reconfigure the database and then use the import monitor to import the database.

Markus

Answers (0)