cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have had a quick look at the PCo and it looks very nice.

Is it possible to write some confirmation back to the OPC server in case of a MII transaction has been triggered? I would like to be able to write back or at least have the possibility to write something back to the OPC server when an event has been fired off to the MII server

Best regards

Poul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to the PCo club! What kind of OPC server is it?

Regards,

Chanti.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks.

I have not worked witl PCo very much but have got it to work. My OPC server is a Wonderware FSGateway, and I have prev. tried with the UDS but have not been able to get that one to work.

So there is no chance from within the PCo write anything back to my OPC server ? The other possibility would be to use the UDS admin and write back from my transaction. But I am almost sure that will not work properly.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far, I have used PCo only to read the tag values. Always used UDS to write to the tags. You need to probably check your connection between UDS and OPC server. Let me know if you are able to write to the OPC server from PCo.

Regards,

Chanti.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Poul,

You are likely stuck with using a Tag Query from within a BLS to write a tag (if possible) with some kind of update, based on a PCo event notification trigger. But I do not think it is possible (*yet) with PCo to write it directly.

PCo 2.1 will have more functionality and you will be able to use it for Event Notification (PCo 2.0), Tag Queries (UDS 2.5), and OLEDB Queries (UDS 4.0). It will replace the need for the applications in the parentheses.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Dec 3, 2009 2:11 PM

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Dec 4, 2009 4:10 PM

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add an additional item of clarification, aside from repointing UDC type data servers to a PCo port instead of a UDS port, the new query support available in the upcoming PCo 2.1 will also require MII 12.2, which will introduce a new query template type called PCoQuery. It will not be a direct replacement for TagQuery, but will provide additional options and capabilitiies not found today in a TagQuery.