cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD configuration to new local SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing new Solution manager system and we need to connect the Local SLD of Solman to Central SLD.

We are using PI production as Central SLD and we have PI Development/Sandbox SLDs which are fetching data from central

PI SLD.

I would like to know whether i can connect the SOLMAN Local SLD to fetch data from PI Development or Sandbox SLDs by adding Solman system details to PI Dev / Sandbox SLDs ?

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You have 2 options here.

1. You can configure you SolMan to use Central SLD but provided your Central SLD is robust enough to support SolMan requests apart from PI specific activities).

If you are opting this option, then you need ensure you have to register your SolMan system with Central SLD like any other back-end system. And you need to ensure that in SolMan SMSY, all systems are automatically fetching the data from SLD.

2. SAP Suggested method, You are encouraged to configure your Local SLD of Solution Manager Specific.

If you are opting this method, then logon to your Central PI specific SLD ->Administration->Data Supplier

Specify Udate Local Name Spaces 'sld/active' to 'true'

Then choose 'Add SLD'

And provide with your Solution Manager (Local SLD) URL

User ID (ensure that has enough authorization)

Password (Save)

Then 'Check' the Check box option to ensure that your Local SLD content is in sync with Central PI SLD.

If you are using 7.1 release, then you can configure both uni-directional & By-directional data syncup.

I hope this helps you making the right decision and procedure to setup.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

I do want to fetch data from Central SLD to Solman SLD but by not connecting Soman SLD directly in data supplier of Central SLD.

We have PI Dev SLDs and PI Sandbox SLDs which are connected in data supplier of Central SLD and which are fetching data from the central SLD.

So i would like to know without disturbing the Central SLD, can i connect the Solman SLD to the PI Sandbox SLD as data supplier and fetch data as below

Central SLD --> PI Sandbox SLD ---> Solman SLD ??

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Perfect, it's good practise that you do not distrub your PROD/Central SLD.

Thus, Have a 'Data Supplier' configured in your Sandbox SLD to point Solution Manager SLD.

ONLY Suggestion - If, you think the data changes are not that frequent in either Sandbox or Prod/Central SLD....you may even un-check the SolMan SLD URL in Sandbox to ensure that resources are not consumed to sync up the data between these systems.

I hope this resolves your requirement.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Dec 3, 2009 8:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

I will try implementing this and get back to you.

Regards.

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think, you can achieve this adding PI Server details in Solman ( RZ70 ) , you may need to check/edit the RFC SLD_UC as well.

Regards

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Is your PI Development/Sandbox SLD are local SLDs ?

If they are sharing the SLD which is on PI Production server i.e. Central SLD, then you should configure the solution manager to use PI Production server SLD.

Cheers...,

Raghu