cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply filter on Class gives database error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are on BO XI 3.2.1 (SP2 fixpack 2.1).

In most of our reports we have to use the designer feature "Apply filter on Class" for a mandatory variable of bex query as we need the prompt to be applied only in few of our reports based on a particular universe.

And this filter(prompt) can't be applied explicitly at BO level as it is a currency variable (currency conversion) which has to come from bex query only.

Here the problem we are facing is,

Reports which doesn't contain any object from that currency class doesn't prompt for currency input ,which is correct, but gives database error saying "failed to execute the query with the error. Specify a value for varible currency"

What is working is,

Reports which contain atleast one object from that currency class, prompts for currency input ,which is correct and refreshes properly.

Please Help.

Regards.

Naresh Nookala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If I understand well, you have defined a BEx query containing a key figure with a currency/unit variable.

You changed the filter representing the variable in the universe to set it as "Use filter as mandatory" and "Apply on class".

Now when you are running the query without objects belong to the class where the filter seats the you have the error "failed to execute the query with the error. Specify a value for variable currency".

If I have understood well, it seems that the currency/unit variable is mandatory and in that case you must give an answer to the prompt.

That's why, by default, all filters based on variables are generated with the option "Use filter as mandatory" and "Apply on universe". Don't change this option because you will be in the situation you are.

For optiponal variables, this is different because the answer is not mandatory so in that case if you are not prompted there will be no error returned by the database.

Please give more details if my assumption is wrong.

Didier

Answers (0)