cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Administration - not seeing agent from new 7.1 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a PI 7.1 system. I want to connect it to SMD. I already have other systems configured where I have manually installed SMD agent on managed system and connected via Managed System Setup.

My understanding is that with 7.1 the SMD agent is pre-installed and you have to "wake it up" with Managed System Setup. I go to Managed System Setup --> Agent Candidates Management --> Apply --> SLD View and do not see this agent listed. I have it configured to read my SOLMAN SLD which is updated with data.

How can I get it to show in SLD View?

How can I see if the agent is registered in the SLD? I cannot find any SMD agent's listed in the SLD, even though many are listed in SLD View?

What is the directory structure on Unix for these auto-installed SMD agents? For the manual install, it is /usr/sap/<SMD SID>. I cannot find such a directory on my 7.1 system.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The SMD Agent for auto installation will be installed at /usr/sap/<SMD-SID>, it will have the default SID as DAA or something.

ex: /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97 here you can find the script files and other files.

Please make sure that your system is reporting to Solution Manager SLD (Directly or through other SLD with Data bridge).

Check the system is reported in SLD under Technical systems. As it is a PI 7.1 system make sure both ABAP and JAVA stacks are configured and reporting to SLD.

Make sure that the SMD agent is running by doing a ps -ef | grep <SMDSID>ADM.

Check the log file for more information at /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log/SMDSystem.0.log.

if you still face same issue, do the following to make SMDAgent to report to SLD.

> Shutdown the SMD agent.

>Open a shell on <drive>:\usr\sap\<smdsid>\JXX\script and execute the command:

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"<SLD_HOSTNAME>" port:"<SLD_PORT>" user:"<SLDDSUSER>" pwd:"<SLDDSUSER_PWD>".

> start the SMD agent.

make sure You have logged in as <SMDSID>ADM user.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Pradeep.