cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get the current Browser Window size in WDA?

SebastianK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to start an Adobe Flex Application in a Web Dynpro Pop-Up window. Unfortunately Flex can only handle a static window size for its UI. The application isn't able to resize automatically neither it does when i resize the pop-up larger or smaller. So I want to open the WD Popup as big as the current opened browser window is. But how can I get the current browser window size? I hope such data can be retrieved from anywhere?!

Regards

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Web Dynpro is flow based layout instead of pixel perfect and therefore doesn't generally have a need to expose the browser window size. I don't know of any API that will do so.

You say you want to put Flex in a WDA popup. Are you using FlashIslands? Active Components like InteractiveForms, Gantt, and FlashIslands aren't supported by SAP in Popups.

SebastianK
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm aware that the Flash Islands are not supported in Pop-Up's as I'm using the UI-Element "IFRAME" in which I put the URL of the .swf file. I hope this counts as 'supported'

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I hope this counts as 'supported'

Actually not if you are on 7.0 or 7.01. The iFrame UI element is deprecated:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Although there are plans to return it to support on 7.02 next year.

Some notes that might help are 1351822 - which has to do with running UI elements in 100% height in a popup.