cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM 7.0 and Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus ,

I have question about the New CRM WEB UI and integration to SAP Enterprise Portal .

We have been using the SAP Enterprise portal for accesing the SAP CRM functionalities before (eg create Opporutnites and Sales Order ). But with the New SAP version(7.0 and 2007 ) its possible to have its own portal.

Now the question is it possible to integrate the NEW SAP WEB UI into the existing portal ? Eg: If we want to have link in Enterprise portal with the Sales Order create functionalyt direlty without going into the stand alone CRM WEB UI . Would it be possible to directly call the Sales order service WEB UI in enterprise portal . Right now what we see is that the NEW CRM WEB UI is stand alone and for these type of fuctionalites the user need to login to the NEW web ui and then go to the create sales order screen .

Is it possible to directly embed the new UI components in the existing SAP enterprise portal ?

Many Thank for your kind advise !

Best Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can integrate CRM 7.0 Web UI (roles) into SAP Enterprise Portal. For this to happen, you must first configure the CRM roles in he Web UI. Once you have the CRM role in Web UI completed, this role can now be transferred to the Portal.

The steps are well defined in [SAP Note 1353456 - How to launch the WebClient UI from the portal|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1353456]

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and is this the best recommended approach to integrate in an enterprise portal context? or is there a more cost efficient way to enable CRM functionality onto the Enterprise Portal?

I am happy to raise this as a separate question to give points. let me know

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Easwar,

Thanks for the below info but this is for the launch of the complete WebClient UI from the SAP Enterprise Portal.But what we need is to integrate it inot the Portal and not diplay any menus that comes in the SAPCRM WEBUI .

for eg we awant to direly launch the opportunites screen or we want to launch the sales order creation direclty in the portal . It should not like to the end user that he has entered into the new CRM UI its hould be like any onther portal links integrated into the Portal .

Thanks and Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur,

Once you have correctly integrated to Portal following the SAP Note, you will no longer see the CRM Navigation. They will be Portal Navigation. If you have read and understood the note, it will be clear. On an overview, let me explain the steps involved.

1. You create a CRM role (based on some job role) say "Sales Rep" and have configured the CRM Web UI for all the navigation and applications. Like Account maintenance, Opportunities, Sales order create etc. etc.

2. Following the note and running a CRM transaction, you will now "Export" this CRM role to an external file. This file is very similar to a "business package". All the portal roles, pages, iVeiws etc. get created.

3. You will now "Import" this into your portal. Again follow the notes to know the loaction.

4. In the portal, you will assign this "portal role" to your users.

When these users log on to portal, they will see Portal Navigation (not the CRM navigation). So, the main point lies in defining the CRM role and get it working.

Hope you get the point....

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Enterprise Portal gives one the ability to

(1) have "Role based" access to applications and

(2) the ability to access applications and information from multiple systems.

The current SAP CRM version has the first feature in a limited fashion. It allows you to control access to CRM apps only.

In older versions until CRM 5.0, the CRM content in Portal was acheived through Business Packages and PCUI applications. PCUI was "web" based. Now there are no business package for CRM content in Portal and CRM Web UI is by defaut "web" based. Remember there is no support for SAPGUI version of the modules any more.

When you have decided to integrate CRM into Portal, I think this is the easiest, right way (and only way available ) to do so.

GeorgBSH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Easwar,

just a short question. Is this scenario alos useful, if the portal should be used as an internet portal for dealers and service partners ?

I saw that this discussion is a few years old, but I haven't found a better one. 🙂

We plan to use SAP EP as portal platform f.e. for our service partners to give them access to service orders, which are stored in SAP CRM.

Do you think it makes sense, to define a CRM role "ServicePartner" and use the above describe procedure to provide it in an external portal ?

The main questions are about

- security

- performance

Are there better procedures available or is this the sugested way of CRM integration ?

Thanks

Georg

GeorgBSH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jean-Michel,

have you ever got an answer to this question, or have you in the meantime found "the best way" to integrate CRM content in the portal ?

We have to integrate CRM topics, in an internet portal for external partners and I'm searching for information about it.

If you have found godd answers to your question, it would be greate if you could share them.

Thanks

Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to install CRM7.0 Business Package on EP7.3. But I am not able to find if they both are compatible for such installation. Please let me know if you have information on this. Thanks in advance.