SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Form Number generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In SAP PSCD DFCAMINV table, the field Invoice number (INVNR) is a 12 digit number. Also there a field Payment Form Reference/External Key Payment Form (RFZAS) which is a 30 digit number.

The requiredment from my side is to generate a 19 digit number as a Payment Reference number which in turn clients can make payments with.

Both these numbers have reference to Payment processing, where field INVNR selction category is "N" and "E" for RFZAS.

Has any of you ever done a solution using that RFZAS field? Or maybe a custom solution to create a new table? How did that work?

Regards,

Mishumo

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mishumo,

Have you had any luck with this? I have the same problem. I need to generate a reference with more than 16 char, therefore field XBLNR, which is present on the header of FICA documents on trasaction FPE1, will not do it for me.

If you register field XBLNR in customizing under Basic Functions --> Open Item Management --> Specify Selection Categories and define it as a Selection criteria, you can then insert a reference on the header of FPE1, so that when you post a payment lot for incoming payments, that would come from bank statement, you use the same selection criteria, and your incoming payment will clear with your open items for Accounts Receivable.

If you want any more detail on this, just let me know. I got it to work.

What I need though, is to be able to use a reference in this way, but where I can use a reference string that is at least 20 char. For this, I have been looking everywhere to find out how to use field RFZAS "Payment Form Number" which is stored in table DFKKZR and which one should be able to fill, either from Dunning Activities, or from Payment Form printing from account statement FPL9.

If you or anyone else have any information on the use of RFZAS and payment forms I could sure use it. Or if you have any questions on the solution I used above for field XLBNR, just let me know.

Regards,

Warren

0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

I have resolved this by adding a custumer-specific function module on Payment Form Number event 181.... This is then where we defined the rules that makes up the number... We then stored the number on field RFZAS... we then use this on payment process as well using selewction category "E".

Regards,

Mishumo

0 Kudos

Hey Mishumo,

Thanks for replying. In fact, I found that function module in event 181 too, and have enabled it aswell. When printing a payment form, from accound balance, I am now generating bank reference with more than 16 char. field RFZAS.

That solves problem one of two form me in that area. I now need to find how to use RFZAS for documents imported (accounts receivable) from a legacy system which is also the pricing engine. That system generates the payment references, and I need to import them and then use them as a clearing characteristic when processing bank statements.

I appreciate your response, and if you have anything to add which could shed some light on what I need, I would sure appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Warren