cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going for an GRC upgrade from GRC 5.2 to GRC 5.3

I would like to have an expertise inputs here....

1) Pre-requisites configuration for GRC 5.2 before upgrade

2) Testing phase after GRC upgrade done

3) Post configuration require on GRC 5.3 side

4) Known issues with GRC upgrade

Can anyone provide/describe project plan/planing for above upgrade..?

After upgrade, I heard we can generate the report call "transaction usage by an user in RAR" to enable this option do we need to schedule any background job ..? how will it be going to pull the above information...?

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammad, You have asked a number of generic questions and unfortunately, they will result in a number of generic answers. A great deal relies on the simplicity or complexity of your business environment and so cannot be answered in a general way. However, I have tried to give you an idea but they should not be treated as gospel!

1) Pre-requisites configuration for GRC 5.2 before upgrade - I would check the upgrade / installation guides as they contain a checklist for upgrades. They are available in the Downloads section of www.Service.sap.com

2) Testing phase after GRC upgrade done - This really depends on your own environment. If it is just a technical upgrade and you are focussed only on functionality, then this could be days but if you are looking to widen the functionality used and re-implement then this could be more like months!

This also assumes that this is not doing remediation testing, just the technical upgrade.

3) Post configuration require on GRC 5.3 side

See above! Anywhere between days and weeks.

4) Known issues with GRC upgrade - I would check the release notes in the SAP Notes search area of www.service.sap.com

Can anyone provide/describe project plan/planing for above upgrade..? Just understand the scope of the work and then your plans can take shape. If it is solely a technical upgrade, then you can move fairly quickly through blueprint etc and get on with the technical bits rather like a support pack upgrade (I know it's not quite that simple!), however, if it is a project designed to build on the functionality and roll out a new way of manageing risks etc then you need to understand the business requirements and do the upfront integration planning in much more detail.

After upgrade, I heard we can generate the report call "transaction usage by an user in RAR" to enable this option do we need to schedule any background job ..? how will it be going to pull the above information...?

You will certainly have to schedule background jobs to perform these sort of functions. There are a number of jobs but the implementation guides will help you to identify these.

Simon

Edited by: Simon P Persin on Dec 2, 2009 2:22 PM

Edited by: Simon P Persin on Dec 2, 2009 2:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thanks for your response & details provided are really appreciable.

But let me be more specific here....

1) After upgrade, once the basis team has done add on upgrade at backend & GRC upgrade to 5.3 via JSPM, now what configuration needs to be done from SAP GRC RAR 5.3 end...?

2) Is there any difference between rule set of SAP GRC 5.2 and 5.3 ...?

3) There will be an option called "Action usage by user" in RAR to get the report, do we need schedule any job in backend system..? or it takes data from some sap table, if yes then which table..?

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me to solve this problem

http://home:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/virsa/ccappcomp/BgJobStart?

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to create deployable object 'virsa/ccappcomp' since it is not a Web Dynpro object.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And RAR-> Configuration-> Background job-> Search-> View log

Apr 13, 2012 7:39:04 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.AnalysisDaemonThread run

FINEST: Analysis Daemon Thread: Invoking (HTTP): http://home:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/virsa/ccappcomp/BgJobStart?daemonId=G:\usr\sap\VIN\DVEBMGS00\...

Apr 13, 2012 7:39:05 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.AnalysisDaemonThread run

WARNING: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://home:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/virsa/ccappcomp/BgJobStart?daemonId=G:\usr\sap\VIN\DVEBMGS00\...

1. java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://home:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/virsa/ccappcomp/BgJobStart?daemonId=G:\usr\sap\VIN\DVEBMGS00\...

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:814)

at com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.AnalysisDaemonThread.run(AnalysisDaemonThread.java:67)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534