cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Problems import com.sap.xss.config.types (pcui_gp/xssutils)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings experts,

I'm trying to implement a solution ESS / MSS. Basis has shaped and prepared the development environment and a track with development. When I try to download the source DC ess / per, I got an error at build time. Checking the log I noticed that fails the import of the following library:

com.sap.xss.config.types

Why might this be happening? Failure to install or configure anything ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gusta,

Have you created the project pcui_gp/xssfpm in your workspace.

GoTo Active DCu2019s and create project for pcui_gp/xssfpm and pcui_gp/xssutils under SAPPCUI_GP.

For more information go through this link

/people/vinoth.murugaiyan/blog/2007/08/24/essmss-customization-150-make-it-simple

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

Saleem

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gusta144,

I'm having the same error with com.sap.xss.config.types

Can you explain me what do you mean with "I re-install and redeploy the SWC"?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Takeo

The solution was re-ideploy all software components (SC) and bring them to the same level as is the quality environment (QA).

My apologies for the wrong acronym: SWC

Greetings,

Gusta144

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gusta144

Btw in my environment it was missing the following SCAs:

EP-PSERV

SAPEU

EPBC

EPBC2

EPWDC

I've imported them to the development track and that's it, no more errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I resolve my problem. I re-install and redeploy the SWC

Thanks for your answers

Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just verify that these DC are being used as "Used DC" in ess / per, and in fact they're being used.

The problem seems to come is with pccui_gp / xssutils, and I tried to do the build from it alone as a unit and failed. I got the error that fails libraries com.sap.xss.config.types

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i'm going to try this new solutions

i hope that solve my problem

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem!

I tried the solution you proposed but didn't work. It could be some installation problem?

Thanks again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem, thanks for your quick answer

Yes, I tried to create the projects pcui_gp/xssfpm and pcui_gp/xssutils under SAPPCUI_GP in my workspace. With pcui_gp/xssfpm had no problems, but pcui_gp/xssutils i got the error:

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.IEventDefinition;

[javac] ERROR: ^

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\DCs\sap.com\pcui_gp\xssutils\_comp\src\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\java\XssIViewListProviderImpl.java:24: package com.sap.xss.config does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.FPMConfigurationException;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\DCs\sap.com\pcui_gp\xssutils\_comp\src\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\java\XssIViewListProviderImpl.java:25: package com.sap.xss.config does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.IFPMRepository;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\CcXssPcd.java:48: package com.sap.xss.config.types does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.IEventLink;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\CcXssPcd.java:49: package com.sap.xss.config.types does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.IFPMApplication;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\CcXssPcd.java:50: package com.sap.xss.config.types does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.IFPMView;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\CcXssPcd.java:51: package com.sap.xss.config.types does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.INavigationLink;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\CcXssPcd.java:52: package com.sap.xss.config.types does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.IPerspective;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\CcXssPcd.java:53: package com.sap.xss.config.types does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.types.IRoadMapStep;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\FcXssPcd.java:43: package com.sap.xss.config does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.FPMConfigurationException;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\FcXssPcd.java:44: package com.sap.xss.config does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.IFPMRepository;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\t\39AEA2DD92935824623A1FF7D163CB5A\gen_wdp\packages\com\sap\pcuigp\xssutils\ccpcd\FcXssPcd.java:45: package com.sap.xss.config does not exist

[javac] ERROR: import com.sap.xss.config.IFPMService;

[javac] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1

Error: C:\Documents and Settings\c37734\.dtc\1\DCs\sap.com\pcui_gp\xssutils\_comp\gen\default\logs\build.xml:158: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:938)

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:758)

at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.techdev.ant.util.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultAntBuildAction.execute(DefaultAntBuildAction.java:58)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:196)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:168)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:350)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1750)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:6004)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction.buildDCs(DcCreateProjectAction.java:1027)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction$1.execute(DcCreateProjectAction.java:299)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:71)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:85)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:302)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:252)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:357)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction.execute(DcCreateProjectAction.java:483)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction.execute(DcCreateProjectAction.java:126)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction.run(DcCreateProjectAction.java:121)

at com.tssap.selena.model.extension.action.SelenaActionCollector$GenericElementActionWrapper.run(SelenaActionCollector.java:229)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$MuSiAction.saveRunAction(MenuFactory.java:1425)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$MuSiAction.run(MenuFactory.java:1391)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction.processInternal(MenuFactory.java:616)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction.access$100(MenuFactory.java:586)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction$BusyProcessWorker.run(MenuFactory.java:716)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction.process(MenuFactory.java:610)

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.internal.MenuListenerFactory$ProcessAdapter.widgetSelected(MenuListenerFactory.java:172)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

Ant runtime 48.125 seconds

Ant build finished with ERRORS

Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Error: Build stopped due to an error: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Build plugin finished at 2009-12-02 09:45:21 GMT-04:00 (AMT)

Total build plugin runtime: 49.375 seconds

Build finished with ERROR

Thanks again and I hope that can help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gusta,

I am thinking the problem is due to classpath reference is not set.

Go to project pcui_gp/xssutils, right click on the project and select the option Repair--> project structure and class path.

Close your ide and open & then build the DC and check.

If this doesnt solve your problem try adding pcui_gp/xssfpm and pcui_gp/xssutils as used DC's from active DC's in your DC and try to build the project.

Check this link..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/how-toaddacustomWebDynproiViewtotheMSSEmployeeProfile%28ECC+6.0%29 &

Sorry i think i am confusing you, but we have to try different ways..

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem

Edited by: Saleem Baig Mohammed on Dec 2, 2009 4:03 PM