cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem at the time Assigning GL for Settlement Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

In Production server when our PS person try to attach Genral Legders of WIP in settlement Rule Maintance of WBS Element in Project Builder(CJ20N),system gives following Error :-

Total = 200.00%, ( Set.Type FUL / Version / Actual settlement ), period 008/2009, source assignment COE

Message no. KD041

Diagnosis

You entered distribution rules which settle 200.00% in total. This applies to view/version/settlement type ( Set.Type FUL / Version / Actual settlement ) and source assignment COE in period 008/2009.

When checking the percentage total, the system found one of the following errors:

u2022 The total percentage for the distribution rules is greater than 100%

u2022 The total percentage for the distribution rules is less than 100% and this is a rule for full settlement (settlement type FUL).

u2022 The total percentage for the distribution rules is less than 100% and the 100% check is switched on in the settlement profile.

If you are using a source structure and source assignment " ", note the following:

Source assignment " " is assigned to all possible origin assignments in the structure you are using. This is even if you did not specifically use the corresponding source assignment.

Example:

Source assignments (SA) A and B are defined in your structure. You specified two rules:

u2022 SA ' ' 70%

u2022 SA 'A' 30%

The system outputs an error message for OA "B" because this only displays 70% (from SA " ").

Procedure

If you are settling using fixed amounts you can ignore this message. The settlement then checks whether the settlement sender is fully credited.

Otherwise, correct the percentages for settlement type ( Set.Type FUL / Version / Actual settlement ) and source assignment COE, so that you are settling exactly 100% in period 008/2009.

If you do not have full settlement rules, you can switch off the 100% check in the settlement profile. This procedure also suppresses the message in future.

Note

If you cannot find any fields where you can enter percentage values, this is probably because the settlement profile is configured to hide them. Switch on percentage settlement in the settlement profile. Alternatively you can use equivalence numbers for your rules, if the project profile allows this.

We are facing this problem for the first time whereas same type of attachment we had done for our privious project.

This is our new project & we are trying to attach to lower level of WBS

Kindly Help for the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

if you go through diagnosis , example and Procedure you will come to know what is the problem.

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply & precious suggestion

By reading i didn't understand it & want to understand why this has been arise & how to resolve it that's why i post it here

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for period 08 you have maintained settlement rule already fro 100 % with full settlement.. and again you maintain ing settlement rule for 100% so total 200% is there

you have activated check for 100% in settlement profile.

soln for this is you maintain settlement rule for 100% only i.e. full settlement

if you dont have full settlement then just remove that check for 100%from sttlement profile.

Venkatesh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SWEET TW replied after that as follows

Thanks a lot

I have one confusion,you are saying i have already maintained 100%,but this project is new & for the first time in WBS we are trying to add GL

still As per your suggestion i tried to remove check from 100% & maintain only FULL then i got following Warning message:-

Enter a percentage, equivalence number, or amount

Message no. KD100

Diagnosis

You have entered at least one distribution rule which contains neither a percentage nor an equivalence number nor an amount.

Procedure

For each distribution rule, you must enter either a percentage, an equivalence number or an amount.

Alternatively, and depending on the situation and how you want the system to behave, one of the following is possible or required:

u2022 You want to enter the percentage, equivalence number or amount later.

You can ignore this warning. However, you should check that the appropriate values are entered before settlement.

u2022 You want to enter a percentage, an equivalence number, or an amount. However, the relevant field will not accept input, or is not displayed.

Go to the settlement profile you are using and check that one of "Percentage settlement", "Equivalence numbers", or "Amount settlement" has been switched on. You can find out which settlement profile you are using from the "Parameters" section of the screen in settlement rule maintenance.

(Press F5 to proceed to customizing.)

u2022 You receive this message other than in settlement rule maintenance - for example, when saving an order or a WBS element.

Go to settlement rule maintenance and check the individual distribution rules.

I am FICO person & wanted to understand the concept & logic behind this

Can you please explain this

Former Member
0 Kudos

still waiting for reply..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check using T Code OKEU that the Cost Elements (or elements in group) under the Source Structures Sources don't overlap.

Ex., Source Sturcture: A

Assignments: a1 and a2

Cost Element under a1- 123456

Cost Element under a2- 123456

Above setting will result in error.

Regards

Sreenivas