cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing an SAP Shorcut in SAPPGUI 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created an SAP Shortcut for a transaction code in SAPGUI 7.10 version. I am executing it on user action of webdynpro view. There is no problem faced in this scenario BUT if I try to do the same user action from a user system having SAPGUI

6.20, it gives an error saying " Not a recognised executable SAP Shortucut file".

Kindly suggest if SAP Shortcut created in SAPGUI 7.10 can be executed from a system having SAPGUI 6.20 or SAPGUI 6.40.

Thanks

Depesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It seems possible that there could be differences between the two release levels. Perhaps you should look at the SAP class CL_SWN_HTTP_SHORTCUT - Method HANDLE_REQUEST. This is a service handler class that will create shortcuts dynamically and pass them back via HTTP. It seems to be able to create shortcuts that are cross sapgui version compatible. You might even be able to use this service (/default_host/sap/bc/workflow/) since it builds the shortcut based upon URL parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I will check as specified and ask if any issue.

Also I want to know other scenario as if I create SAP Shortcut using SAPGUI 6.20 and execute it from SAPGUI 7.10.. Will it work?

Thanks

Depesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't know what releases are compatible. It probably makes sense that the 6.20 would be forward compatible to support upgrades. The above mentioned class would seem to indicate that there must be a shortcut format that is not release specific.