cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi insiders - table SXMSPMAST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to build a universal monitoring solution for failed messages (using VB script).

I found table SXMSPMAST where I can grab the status of a message and the GUID / PID.

To go further that GUID is not enough though:

Thid example message has a GUID of:

CC7A50E0DE7D11DE

The whole message ID of this messge is however:

CC7A50E0DE7D11DE89B10050569F1AE8

Would anyone know how to make up the rest? I've searched myself silly and cant seem to get it.

Thanks for thinking!

Andi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas Appelbaum,

Table SXMSPMAST is master table for all messages being processed through XI but, this one table that highly used as part of Persistence Layer activites (i.e Archiving and Delete). But your purpose is totally different. If you are looking for alerting mechanism as messages failure then there are multiple features that PI offers.

Doing an VB Program or ABAP/JAVA Program is something out-of-box way of decision unless if you have any business specific reason.

1. You can use RWB (Runtime Work Bench) and NWAPI for central message monitoring. Both RWB and NWAPI provide central access to all message monitoring tools, for example for the Integration Server of SAP PI, Integration Engines of SAP Web Application Server based application systems, and Adapter Engines. It allows you to study the messages in detail in order to find errors that occurred during message processing.

2. Another good options is, you can use RWB-> End-to-end monitoring allows you to trace the complete message flow, from start to end. It displays the status of each message processing step within the individual components that the message went through. It is based on the Process Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI) shipped by the SAP Web Application Server.

3. Alerting (Which is most optimastic in case of automatic alert mechanism if you are looking for) - Message-based alerting is embedded within both the RWB and NWAPI, and is based on the Alert Framework that is shipped by the SAP Web Application Server. By defining alerting rules, you can restrict the alerts to be triggered depending on message header properties, or the component where the error occurs. It offers your different scenario specific alerting mechanism with quite lot of parameters.

Please refer to below URL to understand more on ALERT Configuration details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope this helps you to understand different features available within PI and take appropriate decision.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you very much for our reply, but I have to use the VBScript funtionality (fits into our global monitoring).

Ta,

Andi