cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL for COGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement where i want to assign the new GL account to the COGS simulataneouly using the existing one.

i dont want to create a new movement type.

i want to use a same movement type, same valution class.

Can this be met by using a new Acc modifier?

How can this be acheive

Regards,

DDP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think yes, and also try with valuation category which can be assigned according to that a single valuation class can have 2 gl accounts.

REgards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please explain in detail how this can be done..

Regards,

DDP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

with the consultation of your FICO consultant kindly do the same. when you create a material u have valuation class in accounting view which we usually enter, but for making a double gl entry during different process u have a valuation category, u create a valuation catergory for that valuation class and assign that. but this is usually done for MM process, so discuss with FI and try the same if that is applicable for SD

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sudhir

But i have one doubt. can we use the valuation category for making entries in 2 different GL of COGS account?

Regards,

DDP

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In what cases, you want to differentiate the G/L accounts, as COGS will be triggered with mov type:601 with relevant MM account determination settings. Transaction key & Account modifiers are hard coded in std program , these are included in valuation string & assigned to respective movement types.

Can you explain, Why you want new G/L for COGS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to now send a existing material from different plant also.

currently we are sending it from "A" plant

NOw we want to send it from "B" plant also.

In both the above cases we want different COGS account

Hope this is clear

Revert in case of queries

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to go with new valuation class for the other plant & differentiate the G/L of COGS.

Else, consult with MM con , split valuation may help you in this issue.

But i dont think, create new account modifier will solve your issue. because you will be able to assign account modifier in Valuation string which is assigned to movement type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin

I want to use the same valuation class.

So i think i will try the possibility of split valuation. As i m not much aware of this split valuation, ill consult MM person

Will revert in case of any query

Thanks a lot

Regards,

DDP