cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device name on MI 7.1 SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We updated our MI version to 7.1 SP9, or prior version was 7.1 SP8.

On mobile client there is no field to register de Device name like the prior version, where do I register the device name on client?

Another question, where can I find 7.1 SP9 release notes?

Tanks,

Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try synchronizing it for the first time. It will fail for the first time asking you to enter the values for the registration parameters. Now if u check you will be able to enter the values for parameters (which have been set as mandatory registration parameters in DOE, Device name has to be one of them).

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanks Pramod,

I didn´t find the option to register the device name on mobile client, here is an image on simulator: Mobile Client 7.1 SP9.

I asked for release notes to know if there is any improvement on it.

Tanks,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you seem to have opened is the 'Connection Settings'. Is there not a separate page called 'Info Page' or something like that? Try going 'Back' from the page you have given a screenshot of and look for 'Info Page' in the top menubar from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I searched in all screens of mobile client and didn´t find any field to register the device name. There is one Info page called "Device Information" inside "Information" and it shows me that this device has no name, here is a printscreen: Device Information.

I tried to sync with DOE and I got a "Server authorization error". Using a sniffer I received the following HTTP Response. Maybe there is some error on server, i will check with basis.

But must have a device name field to fill, or there is some improvements?

Tanks,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, there HAS to be a field. If there really isn't, then you have just caught a bug!

Moreover, if device name is a mandatory parameter for registration, your device is totally unusable if you cannot fill it in.

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see that you following these steps:

a ) On a fresh installed client, create user same to DOE user

b) Login, goto to ManageDevice-> Settings->Connection Settings from the main menu "System". Enter the system details (host,port etx).

c) AT DOE, while creation of DOE the DEVICE_NAME needs to set as a mandatory parameter.

d) Perform first sync, this will fail and the all mandatory parameters req info will flow down.

e) Go to screen in step b) all the mandatory parameters required iff includin device name will have to be provided now.

f) Save n perform sync again. This time the device will registered.

g) Go to Manage Device->Information->Device Information to see the details on the device.

Some documentations:-

Please follow the below given link to know more about registration

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/6a/2d817fa065463084bdf55d8f60501c/frameset.htm>

Identifying Device Attributes for Registration

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/45/64526346711debe10000000a155369/frameset.htm>

Make sure that all the mandatory parameters for registration are filled correctly.

Regards,

Nipun

Edited by: Nipun Dev on Dec 3, 2009 10:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the mobile server goto transaction sdoe_dev_register. under attribute name column check for "NAME" and confirm whether it is checked for registration and mandatory

if it is not checked please check the fields and but clicking change configuration button after doing the changes click the freeze configuration

now try to register the device with the DOE. first time the registration will fail. then provide the device name and register again.

regards,

joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps mentioned in Nipun's reply and then it should get registered.

Earlier, only Device Name attribute could be filled in in the client.

From SP9, you should see all the the fields which are set as Manadatory registration paramtere in DOE,using the transaction sdoe_dev_regsiter.After the first sync, fill ALL mandatory parameters and sync to register the device.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all!

I followed joseph´s reply and it worked to me.

Regards,

Gabriela