cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Recording Result/Defect Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was having a problem in recording report/defect recording.

I have maintained Inspection Plan and Material Characteristic.

Is there anything else that I need to maintain and configure?

Thanks,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

1) What is the status of the inspection lot. Is it CRTD, which means inspection plan is not attached

2) Make sure that you have the following ticks in materail master for in Inspection setp for inspetion type

Auto assignment , Inspection with task list and check char

3) Make sure that the usage in the inspection plan header matches with the inspection type setting in config

QCC0>Quality inspection> inspection lot creation> maintain inspection type >inspection type usage

4) if the above settings are right then go to QA02

Put the inspection lot number > go to inspection spec > click on task list/ spec button> you will get a mesage that the task list is atttaced > Go to Sample tab > click on sample and save

Now check for RR

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks! Now its running.

By the way, may I know what is the difference between Result Recording and Defect Recording? I dont see any relevance of result recording.

Thank you,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Result Recording and Defect Recording

Result recording means the Documentrory evidence of the Reading for a inspection that you have done.These are helpful in the Process or pharma industry.Also When you want to print the certificate for the inspection RR is helpful.

Defect recording is somthing when you have inspected the material & you want to note down what kind of defetcs aare there in inspection lot.These can be recorded & used for further processing in terms of notification.This will helpful for knowing the root cause analysis of the problem''

You can do DR without doing RR.

Also you can take UD & stock posting without doing RR & DR

I hope this will add to your knowledge

Regards

Sujit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

In result recording we record against a set of characteristics. We input the actual values of the results

In defect recording we note down the defects, no of defects

In a way both are dependent, if the former has got any issues such as some of the values going out of spec means there is a defect in the production which you can relate through defect recording

Regards

gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

What is the error or the problem you are having

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It just says characteristic cannot be created for the lot. I am using QA32 transaction.

Do I need to create a Q Info record and inspection Method?

Thanks,

Raymond

Edited by: Raymond on Dec 2, 2009 6:41 PM

Edited by: Raymond on Dec 2, 2009 6:46 PM