cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

When doing network costing the activities are not costed, and the message is that I should maintain the activity type.

But the point is that I have different people assigned to the activity, and they have different activity types in InfoType 315.

So the same activity should be costed based on splits and respective multiple activity types.

How is this possible still to do the costing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How the planned cost flows?

1. activity is defined, planned man hours or planned time in days are entered in the activity detailed screen

2. work center is defined for the activity, and with work center we also define the activity type.

activity type carries, planned costs like the per day cost/ per hour cost / per service cost ....etc...

3. activity type is now associte with cost center

4. through cost center planned cost is allocated to the activity.

This is how the flow is........................so, define activity types for the cost centers.....activty types are defined for work centers, now the planned cost flows

Regards

SURYA

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have u maintained cost in KP26 with respect to Cost center and Activity type ?

Normally if you have maintained different rates in different activity for different employee. You need to post cat2, there the cost will be as per KP26. If you have given network under that, from there you can get the cost...

Do let me know for any queries

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan,

I have no issue with a flow of actual values. The issue is with costing a network, that are Plan values.

Thanks,

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use more than one network activity

or

use activity elements under the network activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but the whole point was not to go down to the individul level within the project structure. After all in personnel assignment we can have few people and it is quite normal that they are costed differently based on individual rates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Group the employees and maintain a common activity type with a defined rate for these guys in the system. In this case you wont have to go to the individual level, infact you can define an activity and then assign people who will be performing this activity. Since the rates maintained for these employees/this activity type will be same you can easily calculate costs accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good idea, but project activities are normally driven by the project methodology, while we would need to re-engineer approach just for the costing. We can shift project activities into WBS-level, but anyway it will be a cost planning driven structure.

Just bit surprised that SAP has no such costing option, because all necessary information is available from splits, 315, and KP26.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For more information on resource planning, see the SAP Library under Financials -> Controlling (CO) -> Cost Center Accounting -> Cost Center Planning -> Manual Planning -> Primary Cost Planning -> Resource Planning.

Also check out the config node resource planning under detailed planning in costs in PS - this migh help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is not possible. You will have to have one default activity type in network activity for calculation of the cost.

rgds,

Mahendra