cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM Warning "not a valid update" while scanning inbox-directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

we use NWDI to develop our own applications for Netweaver CE and to create the SCA-files, which we deploy using JSPM. The SCA with software-component in version 1.0 was successfully installed with JSPM.

Now we have the same software-component in version 2.0 and try to install it, but JSPM does not recognize it neither as an update nor as a new component.

In the scan_inbox.log of JSPM i found this entry:

Dec 1, 2009 5:54:52 PM Warning: Delivery unit with version 2.0.0.0 located in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/COMPONENT02_0-20091127.sca is not a valid update for component mycomp.com/COMPONENT with version 1.0.0.1.

I tried using JSPM with option -config=/jspm/forceMode=true -config=/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateAll and set the maximum rights of the SCA-file on file system, but nothing helped.

When i undeploy version 1.0 manually using NWDS, version 2.0 is recognized and can be installed by JSPM, so it can't be a corrupt file or something like that. But undeploying with NWDS is just a workaround, not a solution for the problem and no option for our customers.

I tried the deployment on Netweaver CE 7.1 and CE 7.1 EHP 1 with the same behavior of JSPM.

JSPM itself is not under NWDI-Control.

I already read the JSPM manual, searched the forum and looked out for SAP notes, but I found nothing about the mentioned warning or any hint how to define a "valid update".

Any ideas or suggestions, what else can I do?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

CW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Update JSPM and then try.

Is the version 1 component showing in the deployed components tab page?

If not synchronise the database and the SDM repository as follows.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-25869

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yoganand,

thank you for your input.

Yes, as a result of the successfull deployment of version 1, the component is showed in JSPM on tab deployed components.

My problem is, that in can't deploy version 2 of my software component. In step 2 of the JSPM deployment process (Support Packages > Specify Queue) version 2 of the same component is not offered as a target release.

Meanwhile I found out, that according to JSPM-Manual [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/7a/e497422930c56ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm] JSPM doesn't support the installation of new releases. And a new software component version is a new release:

Before the deployment of a software component, the JSPM performs the following types of version checks:

- The releases of the SCAs are the same as the ones of the software components that are installed on the system. JSPM allows updates only within one release.

Does anybody know if there is any other way to install a new release of a customer specific software component than undeploy the old version and deploy the new one?

Best regards,

CW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

meanwhile we found out, that it is possible to install a higher release of a software component by using the option "Business Package" in JSPM.

Best regards,

CW

Answers (0)