cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What font variants (font family x height x B x I ) are used in Smartstyle?

0 Kudos

Hello,

What font variants (font family x height x bold x italic) must I define in SE73 - Printer fonts - Device type - Font maintenance (Print controls) for specific Smartstyle ?

Why am I asking?

I have problem with printing (generating spool request) some Smartforms via MR90. I have tried some things and I met problem with defining specific fonts for DT in SE73. I have some DTs with which spool request is generated. If are used "AFM" fonts (so I need not define exact combinations of FF x height x bold x italic) printing works, but if I try to use different DT without AFM (with exact junction of FF x H x B x I), it doesnt work.

And why I cannot use AFM? I have printer Epson FX 890 (2190), in SAP DT (EPESCP9) is defined with Sapscript handling Driver STN2/STND and this driver cannot use AFM...

Thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So... you are trying to print a proportional font which is not TrueType

But device type (what you call DT) EPESCP9 seems to print only non propotional fonts.

-> Does Epson FX 890 (2190) print proportional fonts? If yes, choose another device type.

General rules:

- In System Fonts, it's better to define all fonts (size/bold/italic combinations) that you have defined in your smart form. This way, you will be able to test the "font conversion".

- In Printer Fonts, you must define all fonts used by each device type.

Run "font conversion" to check to which printer font the system fonts are converted. Note: there is an internal SAP algorithm that is not documented. If it does not satisfy you, then create a printer font equal to system font.

0 Kudos

"So... you are trying to print a proportional font which is not TrueType"

Yes, I would like to print proportional font (Helve), but my printer (Epson FX 890/2190) can't TrueType, but can "proportional".

Device type for Epson FX 890/2190 9-pin is EPESCP9, but it works only with non proportional.

I would like to write my own printcontrols to permit use of proportional printing on printer, but I dont know what font definitions I need to define in SE73. All size (height) Helve font with AFM metrics?

Steps that I tried:

If I have tried print smartform (SE73: with HELVE fonts) via EPESCP9 (without HELVE and any proportional font defined) and transaction MR90, appear an error "Errors occurred while processing output Message no. VN073".

If I changed DT to e.g. LEXW820 (se73: with HELVE fonts - Scalable size, AFM, proportional checked) and print, all is good.

So I tried define in SE73 four fonts (normal,italics,bold,italics+bold) HELVE 000 (without size) and AFM and without checked proportional (I dont know where can I set it) in EPESCP9, and printing of smartform goes wrong again (same error: "Errors occurred while processing output Message no. VN073".)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Please check out the following SAP OSS note:

Note 626247 - Error message VN 073 after inconsistencies in TNAD5/TSP03D

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

I have looked up tables and I dont know what inconsistencies I looking for.

In TNAD5 are all Output devices defined as LP01. And I think that this table is used for SD, but I need to print MM invoice.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For proportional non-TrueType fonts, you must define the printer fonts for each size used, along with the font metrics. So, if you use HELVE 14 points, you must define a printer font HELVE 140 with its font metrics.

Note: to see internal smart form errors, you may run SMARTFORM_TRACE transaction, and activate, which will stop at each message.