cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling and workcenter operation time

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

What is the effect of the capactity operation time of workcenter on scheduling of an activity ?

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anjali,

Duaration of activity = Total required operation time / available capacity of work center for a day + non working days.

when you plan for workcenter system will use above formula and calculate the duration required to complete the cativity and pass on the the dates for scheduling.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

System always schedule your operation in the capacity time. For example if you have mentioned that work center operated between 9 to 5. The operations will be scheduled only within above time. Hope now it is clear to you.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But I have a case when I am using 2 workcenters one has the operation time 8 to 4 and other donot have. Both of them schedule differently , i mean the end dates ( earliest and latest) are calculated differently for the same workload and same duration.

Kindly clarify more.

BR

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your work center A is having time from 8 to 4 then available hrs in one day - 8hr ( if you are utilizing 100%)

if your work load is 100 hrs then it will schedule as per available hr in work center ( 100/8 + non working -days).

for 2nd work center B if you dont mention time that means sytem considering available hrs in one day - 24 hrs

if you mention same work load i.e. 100 hrs, sytem will schedule as per available hrs in One day for that work center (100/24+non working -days).

definitly scheduling will be different and dates will be different.

Venkatesh