cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP CONNECTION PARAMETER, SERVER & PORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI m new to xi,

i m working with file to file scenario. while creating the sender communication channel for file adapter for the FTP connection parameters, what to give for the server.

i dont know my server ip address. m having my own system.

i installed guideFTPD to my OS (windows server). i dont know the ip adress, can any one tell me how to know the server IP address.

i searched in SDN but i didnt find.

points rewards

thanks in advance

munna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are just doing it for testing then you can also go for NFS mode in your File Adapter which will allow you to pick and drop the file on your XI servier directory. The directory can be seen by using the tcode AL11.

But if you have any specific reason to use FTP adapter then you can go ahead and as suggested above you can find the ip address.

Probably if you go through this link before configuring your adapter then it will help you a lot..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am learnung from home,i dont have internet connection to my server. so i dont have the ip address to my system.

so is it possible to do file to file scenario with out giving server ip for the FTP Connections Parameters?

thanks

munna

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe if you connect to server by hostname, you can use "nslookup" in command prompt.

(file adapter can use ip and hostname, so you can use hostname)

please check you PI can connect to your FTP server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MunnaV ,

IPConfig command works on window for IP address finding.

You can run it on cmd .

and default port for FTP is 21.

Regards ,

Edited by: Santosh Rawat on Dec 2, 2009 2:21 PM