cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Function Module integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement wherein i need to get output of an existing report in webdynpro application.

the report is quite big and contains sales/consignment related data.

For this i need to have a selection screen thru dynpro and Output in alv.

Can i create a function module on basis of the existing report.

How to use the function module in webdynpro..

Need advice ...!

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Click on Pattern button ( control + F6) , there you can call any FM. Just give the name of FM created in SE37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurav,

Do you mean that i can call function module in my webdynpro and then get all the values in an internal table

and use bind_table instance for that node..

I had one more concern.

I am fetching values from the webdyn screen for select options ..

can i transfer this values into table ( s_options ) as we have in abap and pass this in the function module..?

Will this work...?

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Do you mean that i can call function module in my webdynpro and then get all the values in an internal table
and use bind_table instance for that node..

Yes , you can do it this way.

Whatever FM will return , you can get it here also.

can i transfer this values into table ( s_options ) as we have in abap and pass this in the function module..?

You can transfer value to FM just make sure that type of importing parmeters of FM is same as the type you are passing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get the values of these select options and can be passed to the FM to get the data..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Navin ,

u create the Function module on the basis of ur existing report and thn use the service call

With the help of the service call function it is possible to call an existing function module from within a Web Dynpro component.

u can use contol wizard ( CONTROL +F7 ) for the same .

refer the related thread :

refer the SAP online help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/a189b0ee583b8be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

proceed as follows :

1 right click on ur component and choose Create->Service Call

2 Choice of Controller : choose Use Existent Controller and controller as COMPONENTCONTROLLER

3 for service type choose Function Module.

4 u can choose the required method and context elements ( ir context nodes and attributes under it which are to be used

in ur method)

refer the following demonstration for better understanding and illustration :

Web Dynpro for ABAP - BAPI Usage

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9cb5d345-0801-0010-6a8e-fc57c23f...

I hope it wud help

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

with the help of sevice call function , sm of the methods wud be auto generated for the imprting and exporting parameters defined using the wizard

rgds,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

when i am using service cal.. suppose i want to use internal table which is filling thru select options.. in webdynpro

can i pass this as tables as parameters in bapi/function module

Can you explain how the bapi gets the parameters when the service call/method ( bapi is executed )

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whne ever you call aBAPI/FM usign the service call it will ask you for teh importing /exporting paremeters as checkboxes then they are created under the nodes of component contronler context..

wehn you get the values from select options into some interna table read them and pass the same to the attribtuesof these importing/exporting nodes of the BAPI by reading the context...you can use the code wizard to set the values to these attirbtues..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

refer this tutorial

Web Dynpro for ABAP - BAPI Usage

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9cb5d345-0801-0010-6a8e-fc57c23fd...

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thank You for all your replies.

It was of great help to me since i am a beginner in this.

Can some one let me know of some links in which i can get a list of components which can be used

For eg:

wd_select_options etc..

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go to se80

under WD -

give as WDR_TEST* you can lot more exmaples...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you should go for service call

Using service call ,it is possible to call an existing function module from within a Web Dynpro component.

refer this online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/a189b0ee583b8be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

if required you can refer this tutorial on service call

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9cb5d345-0801-0010-6a8e-fc57c23fd...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want the ouput of the report in WD..

You can use teh service call conecpt of WD to call a FM.

Refer these links that meets your requirement-

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Dec 2, 2009 1:34 PM