cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I18N - Without Rebuilding Application and Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a nice requirement. Say a company is using a Global Portal being used in 10 countries right now. So we have done internationalization(I18N) of the WD Applications and it works fine in 10 languages.

Now they are starting operations in 4 more new countries. Is it possible to create XLF file separately for these 4 country languages and deploy to the portal without the need of rebuilding the application and deploying again?

Is there any other method by which this will be possible?

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting question. I had thought about a solution a while ago, but never finished satisfiably.

I suppose a possible way would be to separate xlf resp. MessagePool Components from Code in "i18n DCs" and than use a runtime dependency. It would then be possible to deploy a translation archive without rebuilding/redeploying the application DC.

But as I said: I never followed it through. So keep me updated if you try this approach ...

Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

>Is it possible to create XLF file separately for these 4 country languages and deploy to the portal without the need of rebuilding the application and deploying again?

I think that this is not possible in normal way. The translated files finally are stored in JAR deployed within the WebDynpro application. If you have an access to the server file system you can try to do the following hack:

- locate your application JAR, let say \j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\zzz.com\testrowtable\webdynpro\public\lib\zzz.comtestrow~table.jar.

- copy it and repack it with adding your additional translated files (*.properties).

- backup the original JAR and replace it with you custom JAR.

- restart the server.

The solution is not very easy, because the identical copy of the JAR is also located in WDA archive, \j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\zzz.com\testrowtable\webdynpro\zzz.comtestrow~table.wda. So maybe you need also to repack the WDA with your custom JAR.

If you find another solution it'll be very interesting to know it.

BR, Siarhei