cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Database Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus and other Experts,

I am trying to install ECC 04 SR1 on my Windows 2003 Ent Server SP2 PC, with Oracle 9i as database.

I have followed each and every step as written in the installation guide but I am not able to install ECC 04 SR1 on my PC.

The Problem always occured during Database Instance at 24 of 36 Steps i.e. "Oracle Post installation activity."

Here I always get Error written below.

INFO 2015-01-02 00:08:53

See 'E:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\exe\run/startsap name=PRD nr=01 SAPDIAHOST=ahsan' output in 'C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC04SR1\WEBAS_ABAP_ORA_UC\DB\startsap.log'.

ERROR 2015-01-02 00:08:53

MOS-01012 PROBLEM: 'E:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\exe\run/startsap name=PRD nr=01 SAPDIAHOST=ahsan' returned with '-1' which is not a defined as a success code.

I don't have any clue how to fix this issue. Please HELP!!!!

If require I will paste Complete Error Log.

Regards

Ahsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you wrote: I am not able to install ECC 04 SR1 on my PC

why would you want to install a SAP server products on a PC?

This looks fishy.. do you havea license to do that? And why install SR1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system does not start (obvious) and you have to check the developer trace file(s).

The path is E:\usr\sap\PRD\DVEBMGS01\work

and will most likely find the reason in either dev_disp or dev_w0.

At least, that must be your starting point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tomas,

Thanks for your Rapid Reply.

I will Check the Developer Trace and let you know or send the log for your reference.

Thanks Again

Warm Regards

Ahsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I have checked developer log and found that ORACLE was not installed properly.

I have re-installed Oracle properly and my issue has been fixed, but Now I am getting new issue with RFC Connection, as at 29th Step I am getting other issue with "Starting RFC Connection".

I am not able to understand if there is any issue with OS installation or I am something wrong while performing the installation steps.

Please Advice.

Regards

Ahsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I have checked developer log and found that ORACLE was not installed properly.

I have re-installed Oracle properly and my issue has been fixed, but Now I am getting new issue with RFC Connection, as at 29th Step I am getting other issue with "Starting RFC Connection".

I am not able to understand if there is any issue with OS installation or I am something wrong while performing the installation steps.

Please Advice.

Regards

Ahsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

With out any log files we can not provide you help. Provide the sapinst trace files.