cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created an access sequence in development system but no transport request got generated and I need to have the same config in QUALITY System

I want to know do we need to maintain access sequence manually in all the systems i.e QUALITY and PRODUCTION OR do transport requests are generarated in Development system when access sequence created.

Thanks ,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

asim_qureshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

When saving new Access Sequence the system should ask for a TR, if its not asking something is wrong (reach out to SAP support for help if required). But the strange thing while saving new Access Sequence it asks for a Workbench TR rather than Customizing TR, this is strange because new access sequence is a config change but still I am not sure why this behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Whenever you will create an Access sequence and click on save button, you will automatically get a pop-up box that a Work-bench request has been generated. Access sequence is Cross-client.

Transport the Request to Quality & Production.

If the above request is not getting generated then you need to consult with your basis guy.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Surely it is Part of CONFIGURATION.It may be due non saving of Transport request, it happens some time

u can try again and do remember to save it in other request not in pending once.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

While saving the Access sequence system will definetly ask for a Transport request (Workbench request). It is not advisable to update directly or manually in Quality or production. Check whether it got saved in any other request.

Take the help of the Basis guy if you unable to find it out.

Viswanath

Edited by: viswanath ch on Dec 2, 2009 12:34 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you create a new access sequence we or modify the existing access sequence a workbench request ( transport request)will get created

If you say no request got generated when you did this then you have to check the development settings of your client with the help of the basis team

It is advisable to transport the requests to QTY and PRD instead of doing it new there

But all these are controlled by basis settings only

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just if you notice, before you get in to Access Sequence screen the system will give a pop up message: "Caution: The table is Cross Client"

That means access seq. is maintained at above Client level, so need to create in each and every servers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ACCESS SEQUENCE is the Part of CONFIGURATION and hence a Transport Request will be generated.

You cant maintain the CONFIGURATION directly in PRODUCTION

Please check with your BASIS TEAM , there might be some issue

regards,'

santosh