cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS to WS Using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How to incorporate WS to WS scenario using BPM?

I have gone through the link::

But, I do have concerns, whether we got to create separate interfaces for request and response through the Web Service?

How many interfaces needs to be created?

Regards,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

>>But, I do have concerns, whether we got to create separate interfaces for request and response through the Web Service?How many interfaces needs to be created?

You need two interfaces. Both shoudl be synchronous one and each interface's request will have one message type and the response will have another message type..

So if A and B are interfaces then A(ar, aresp), B(br, Bresp) where ar and br are request message type and aresp and bresp response message type.

>>How to incorporate WS to WS scenario using BPM?

Why BPM any special need?? we can make a soap to soap sync interface here

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need a BPM? BPM should not be used if it is consisting just of Receive --> transformation --> Send steps.

This can be done without a BPM also.

For WS_to_WS you need to create a DT on the sender side and then MT and Message interface....based on this MI create a WSDL file in ID....give this WSDL file to the Source WS developers.

On the Target, import the WSDL file from the corresponding WS developers and develop the IR, ID objects....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand.. But, there are lots of complexities ::

1.We got to incorporate switch since if else condition has to be used depending upon which ECC will be updated.

2.We got to compare the request and response file coming from MDM and depending upon the comparison MDM and ECC have to be updated/created.

3. We got to merge the 2 file and send it to PI , which in turn will be sent to ECC through WS for updation.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sushama

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you give a clear representation of your requirement.....the flow....the source/ target....intermidiate systesm involved...the above reply looks like pieces joined together

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

>>1.We got to incorporate switch since if else condition has to be used depending upon which ECC will be updated.

if then update ECC else what!!! Can't we use the condition editor in receiver and interface determination??

>>2.We got to compare the request and response file coming from MDM and depending upon the comparison MDM and ECC have to be updated/created.

You can try to do this in Message mapping look up itself.. Can't you??

>>3. We got to merge the 2 file and send it to PI , which in turn will be sent to ECC through WS for updation.

Two files!!! so you are saying you have two input to BPM ie two source WS and one target WS... then total 3 Service Interface will be used

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having PDM sending the file(PDM understandable format) to PI. It has to be sent to MDM and ECC for updating the fields.

We have something like primary key which needs to be compared with the response message from MDM.Depending upon the match the same has to be either created(if doesnt exist) or updated(if already exists).

Checking ::

checks whether it has a value in predecessor and backward compatibility attribute, if yes then it call MDM synchronous WS for the item details of the predecessor item, parses the non PDM values from the predecessor item, put them in the new item creation structure. After creation of the item structure with value, PI posts the structure to MDM through synchronous WS call.

The same structure has to be defined for Updation also.

This scenario could be done by java mapping also but I think it would be easy to handle the alerts in PI7.1 using BPM.

Is there any alternative to handle the same?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

1.We got to incorporate switch since if else condition has to be used depending upon which ECC will be updated.if then update ECC else create the same with primary key(like item no)

How can we do the same in interface/ receiver determination? Are you talking of Xpath or context object? Please elaborate.

2.We got to compare the request and response file coming from MDM and depending upon the comparison MDM and ECC have to be updated/created.

It will be complicated java mapping program to check the same. Can this be done by value mapping?? I am not sure of the mapping lookup?

3. We got to merge the 2 file and send it to PI , which in turn will be sent to ECC through WS for updation.

2 Files means One coming from PDM and the other Coming from MDM

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

There can be alternative to accomplish the mentioned scenario, in simple way!!

Please revert me back incase the scenario isnt clear.

Anticipating your suggestions

Thanks & Regards,

Sushama

Edited by: sushama pandey on Dec 2, 2009 7:39 AM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

Still not clear with your requirement

Are you saying it is like this

PDM (file)--> PI --> MDM > PI> ECC? If want to send some data to MDM as a webservice call is possible by udf

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Then decide further and send update or insert command to ECC

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Yeah you have interpreted upto maximum extent. I will check if the solution could meet the requirements.

Thanks,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We got to use BPM to monitor the alerts simultaneously. Using PDF for invoking WS is fine. But, how to embed WS inside BPM. I mean how many interfaces needs to be created?

In anticipation!

Regards,

Sushama

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

>>But, how to embed WS inside BPM. I mean how many interfaces needs to be created?

Not clear what you meant here

But if you wan to access WS inside a BPM then use a abstarct interface to do so...

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create WS to WS scenario using BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WS>BPM>WS

Synchronous Sender Interface> Synch Rec-> Asyn Send>Asyn Rec->Syn Send--->Sync Receiver Interface

Its this what I wanted to confirm

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Synchronous Sender Interface--> Synch Rec---> Asyn Send-->Asyn Rec--->Syn Send--->Sync Receiver Interface

I actually lost the connection to your Q.....but if above is the flow that you want to implement using a BPM then it is not correct...why?

1) Why are you having Synch Rec step in the BPM?

2) What is the use of Syn Send and then a Sync receiver Interface?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

>> WS>BPM>WS Synchronous Sender Interface> Synch Rec-> Asyn Send>Asyn Rec->Syn Send--->Sync Receiver Interface

Yes..

You need to make something like this blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3414800%29ID0710274750DB1148985673060978361...

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Syn Receive is the 1st step of the sync-asyn bridge.Hence, I have designed it like that. I have to develop WS-WS scenario using BPM.

I have designed the flow, please correct me if I m not correct